Always Watch Your Back

//Warnings for blood, stalking

Previously...

I knew what that meant. I knew he wasn't looking for SQ members- he was looking for me. Suddenly everything changed; it wasn't just about getting my revenge and Dimitris justice- it was race.

    A race to see who would find who first- and who would live to tell the tale.

——————————————————
We continue

A sense of urgency consumed me as I stormed out of the bar, pushing pasts wounded agents and innocent bystanders.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind that Caligula would have no trouble hunting me down once he found me. Hell, he did so at the science tower. I was effectively being stalked the whole time I was there- only finding out once it suited him. Once he wanted me to.
Hell he could be here right now and I'd be none the wiser, falling into whatever trap he laid. I needed to get out of the city today. No negotiating.

With my good hand I pushed the double doors open- only to run into a familiar furred coat.

"Woah! Watch it!" Badger jumped out of my way and I stumbled back into another agent.

"Badger? What the hell are you doing here- it's seven am"

"Getting my morning beer" he answered and pulled up his fluffy collar "what about you?"

"Getting the fuck outta dodge. Hey do you know where the closest city is?" I grabbed onto the hem of his jacket, pulling him with me as I stepped back outside.

"Hmmm bout an hour? Why-"

"Do you know the city? Have you been there?"

He nodded "yeah but what for?"

"Do you mind coming with me? I might need some help getting around"

"I dunno pal" he scratched his neck- something I often did "I got business to take care of here and-"

"I'll pay you" I interrupted, searching my pockets until I found the blood stained wallet I'd nabbed. "How about a hundred? Just to get me around the next city over" surely I would have my bearings by then right?

He bit his lip before gently taking the money with a sigh "alright- but only to the next city. And if you get into any more trouble like ya did last night- you're on your own pal"

A wave of relief washed over me, a guide would certainly help. "Of course. No trouble. Deal"

We shook hands and Badger cracked a smile "alright let me get my beer and we can head out whenever" he disappeared back into the bar and I took a seat on the steps outside, staring into the black sky. I wonder if project nexus getting shut down has anything to do with the weird weather...

    "So, where to next pal?"

"I wanna get going as soon as possible- my bikes parked a bit down the road" I nodded for him to follow and went back for my bike, thankful that traffic had started to die down a bit. Hopefully I wouldn't get almost ran over this time as I crossed the street to my mostly empty lot, a few more Nexus vehicles parked there from last I saw.