Entering Enemy Territory

//Warnings for blood, violence,gore, possible mentions of cannibalism

Previously

I huffed in frustration and focused on not strangling this man to death, albeit tempting, I needed him- for now.
I especially needed him as company for the long road ahead of us to the bandits nest- and possibly our next stop- the industrial sector and the sheriffs city.

———————————————————————-
We continue...

The long , tense, and stressful drive back to the bandits nest took a lot longer than I'd expected. Especially when I spent half of it looking over my shoulder as I drove, constantly worried I would turn to see another agency truck speeding towards us.

    Thankfully, we didn't have to worry about that, not yet- but what I DID have to worry about was Dimitris nagging and singing the whole ride through.
    It started off as harmless humming/mumbling, which was oddly calming since his rumbling voice made a nice hum.

    Then it evolved to him whistling in my ear for almost an hour, until I threatened to push him off the truck if he didn't stop.

    But then of course he started singing. Which I didn't mind too much since he also surprisingly had a nice singing voice.  Nevertheless, his nonchalant energy and tone confused me.

    "Dimitri- and this is the last warning- if I hear you sing the same song in different ways one more time..." I gruffly huffed under my breath.

    "Oi oi don't get yer panties in a bunch, just trying to lighten the mood" Dimitri said, interrupting his singing

    I sighed "I don't even get how you could be so calm in the first place considering our situation right now."

    He just laughed, in stark contrast to the growing pit in my stomach everytime I thought about the agency "listen mate, we'll be there soon. Besides, if we DO happen to see any agency assholes- we can em out easily"

    I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on the road- and not his long hair that was being blown back from his open window right into my face. Great. I was really going to have to watch my temper if I was going to be stuck with him.

    It was strange to think of how, just a few days ago, he was a complete stranger, of now whom which I owed my life.

    The rest of the ride there wasn't as bad- Dimitri agreed to shut up as long as I let him try on my agency shades. He looked ridiculous but I wasn't about to burst his bubble, and before we knew it our long painful car ride back to the bandits nest had ended, and it was in viewing distance from our spot in the road.

    As eager as Dimitri was to get back- I still wasn't so sure. Weren't he and pistol still butting heads? I couldn't help but feel worried that we were on our way to being ambushed as we slowly drove up to the messy entrance of the junkyard.

    "Are you sure about this?" I asked nervously, reaching for a Glock I had stuck between my seat and the console.

    "Oh we'll be fine" Dimitri smiled and rolled down his window, suddenly throwing half of his body out to start waving his arms around.

    Shocked, I reached out after him to pull his upper half back in "Jebus Dimitri what are you doing?! Are you TRYING to get us killed??"