An Unlikely Alliance

//warning for blood, gore, violence

Previously

  Dimitri nudged me again, this time in an attempt to get me to lay down and sleep already, and I silently obliged. It was easier to lay face down in the dirt anyways. After all, all I truly wanted was sleep. Sleep and forget the fact that I was no longer an agent. I was a dissenter from now on.

————————————————————-

With morning came the promise of a new life, and the end of an old one. I woke up feeling surprisingly energetic and ready- ready for what I wasn't sure. Pushing myself off the ground I found Dimitri, who laid on the ground next to me, axe in hand as if he tried to stay up on guard.
An idea flashed through my mind and I reached for the axe, placing my hand on his resting one. Before I had time to even decide if I wanted to do anything though, Dimitri woke up, quickly swatting my hand away.
"Oi, don't be tryin anything stupid- remember where you are mate" He said gruffly as he raised an eyebrow at me. I hadn't even noticed his mask was set to the side until I looked back up to meet his gaze. His brown eyes were haunting, with or without the mask.

Slowly I lifted my hand off of his, and moved to stand up, leaning on Dimitris' shoulder as a crutch. The sky was still a dark shade of red- meaning that whatever ghost was left of the sun hadn't come up quite yet. It was still late- or early technically.

"You surely aren't one to sleep in aint ya" Dimitri yawned as he rubbed his eyes. I simply rolled my eyes and stretched my back, noticing that I had been wearing the same blazer and pant suit set for a couple of days now- I probably didn't smell much better than the rest of these guys.

Quickly I took my blazer off, Tying it around my waist before undoing my tie and button up. I then threw them to the floor and straightened my white under shirt. It wasn't much but it definitely felt better than wearing three layers. I turned around to find a pair of eyes staring back at me.

"Enjoying the view?" I asked with a scoff, bending down to pick up my tie and set them on a broken in chair.
"Maybe" was all I got as a response as I made my way towards the other sleeping agents, straining my eyes to see if they were still breathing. "Pistol told me to give the lot of you some busy work today- guess he wanted some chores done"
    Chores? I could only imagine that meant trying to clean up this place. I shuddered at the thought and continued with checking on my fellow agents. All of them seemed alive, for now at least.

    Just before I could finish checking for the pulse of the last agent Dimitri came up to stand besides me, looking down at all the sleeping agents before suddenly kicking one of them, causing them to gasp and shoot up from their blanket.

"Hey! What the hell was that for?!" I yelled as I pushed Dimitri back
"Well we gotta wake em up somehow" it said as he tilted their head, seemingly not seeing the issue with kicking people while they're asleep.

I rolled my eyes "well you don't have to do it like that you brute!" I bent down next to the poor person he had kicked, and held their hands in mine.
"Hey, you awake," I asked them as their eyes fluttered and met mine.

    They started to panic and back up away from me, looking like a grunt in the headlights. "Oi, it's fine! You're in good hands with this fella I tell ya!" Dimitri said from behind me and patted my back. I couldn't help but feel as warmth spread through my face and cheeks at his remark. Silly, really.

    "Up and at it agent, we have work to do" I grabbed ahold of their hand and pulled them to their feet. "I got some good news". The agent perked up to look at me "the agency should be coming back for us any day soon"