Ruler of My Heart

// warnings for blood

Previously...

But something plagued my mind, something about what Cal told me. I had a feeling he wasn't going to stop, not until he had me dead.

    Though, that seemed inconsequential when compared to fact that that the man I missed most, the man I dreamt about every night, the man that could kill me with a smile, the man I loved, was sitting in the seat just infront of mine.

And I wasn't going to lose him this time.

———————————————————
We continue

    I must've passed out somewhere along the way- lost too much blood- because I woke up in a dirty cot, in a dirty tent, with no memory on how I got there. So it wasn't a dream?

    The last thing I remembered was... driving away in that truck, away with Dimitri, but I was alone now. My head felt foggy and my back strangely tight when I tried to sit up. Reaching back I felt a fresh stitching holding my skin together. Fragments of yesterday came in flashes; Caligula slicing my back open, being carried away from that cloner, Dimitri on that MAG. All of it seemed unreal, my luck wasn't that good.

I rolled out of bed, overestimating how much I could handle before tumbling onto the floor. Hope no one saw that,,,
    Back on my feet I peered outside the gray tent, confused when I saw the inside of a crumbling building, worn with age.

    Who puts a tent inside a building? It looked like the inside of an abandoned apartment lobby. It was devoid of people, an unsettling silence being my only company.
    I called out and only got an echo as a response. There were a bunch of bandits as far as I can remember, so where did they all go? I limped my way over through a dark doorway, it's door busted on the floor next to it. If I listened closely enough I thought I could hear the jumble of voices; my next destination.

Holding onto the wall for support I made my way down, passing an unused gym and a green abandoned swimming pool. No matter how far I went though I never seemed to get any closer.

Had they all left? I got ready to turn another hall when a large hand gripped my wrist, yanking me back. I yelped and was spun around to face a tank of a man, standing at least a foot taller than me, with a long curly mullet.
His face was half-covered by a mask similar to Dimitris, save for the neon teal visor that hid his eyes. I recognized him as the bandit that grabbed me yesterday as I was about to make a run for it.

"And where do you think yer goin?" He snarled, mouth curled in distaste.

I froze as I tried to wrestle my hand free "I was just- I was looking for someone"
I was hoping to find Dimitri, to make sure I wasn't dreaming that he'd come to save me.

"The boss is busy right now" he answered. "But I want you to know-"

"Ethan?"

A voice rang out from behind us, and we both turned to see a figure come running from the darkness of the hall. Time stopped again, my vision tunneling just onto him.
Him. His long hair was tied up in a bun, mask covering the face I so wanted to see. The real one, not a flesh-hungry simulation.

I finally freed myself and booked it towards him, nearly knocking us both over as we crashed.
    No time to waste- I threw my arms around him, worried that if I didn't he'd disappear again. I had to not let go.