A Little Piece of Heaven

//warnings for blood, brief descriptions of gore, mentions of cannibalism

Small psa! This chapters going to be written from Dimitri's POV!
We'll be back to Ethan's after the chapter, but I just wanted to clear any confusion, thank you!

Previously...

I don't think I've ever breathed such a sigh of relief. Just my mind playing tricks on me then.
    It wasn't until I turned back to flick that same light off did all my security wash away, and a cry for help caught in my throat.

    I wasn't alone now. No, now there was present waiting for me on the dresser.

    What he knew I liked, what I'd always liked, a single, yellow, rose.

————————————————————-
We continue....

    An ear- splitting scream broke through what was otherwise a damn good sleep, and I jumped out of bed.
That was Ethan's scream.

    Nothing could've stopped me from leaping to the door and bolting down to his room, not even the locked door as I tried to shake it open. It wasn't locked earlier- the hell was going on?!

    I gave up on the handle and started slammin' into the thing, until it eventually busted open. I didn't have my axe with me, but I didn't need it. If someone was hurting him I'd pummel a man with my bare fists if I had to.

    "Ethan?!"

I scanned the room, still drowsy, and saw him. His breathing was shallow, and his blue eyes were wide. There was a slight shake to him as he stood, but I didn't see any soldat in here, or a reason to scream.

    Stepping closer, I noticed something in his hand- a flower. He was holding onto it so tightly though, that I saw a thin stream of blood running from his palm. "Hey, you there?" I shook his shoulder, and felt my heart squeeze a little.
After a moment he finally blinked, and turned those eyes onto me. He looked awful, an absolute wreck compared to the smile I managed to con out of him earlier.

I picked the flower out from his hand, ignoring how the thorns stuck to his skin, and tossed it into the pile of ash.

Hopefully that scream didn't wake the others up,,, "You wanna talk about it?" His sad puppy eyes avoided me  "Are you hurt?"

Silently he shook his head, and his black hair fell back into his eyes. I knew he needed space, but I also couldn't just leave it at this. "C'mere"

For the first time today he accepted my arms as I opened them, though I could feel the small distance he kept between us.
Still being gentle I led us back to the edge of the bed, sitting him down to help with those nerves. His hands shook a lot when he was scared. I could always tell when he tried to hide it, but it never fooled me. As we sat down he held onto the sheets to hide that shake.

    "It's okay now, I'm here, alright? And I ain't about to let anything happen" I slowly lifted his chin to face me, but he immediately turned away.

"Where did you get that?" Nothing.
    "Did... he give that to you? Did he hurt you?" Still no answer, but the look on his face said enough. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing bouquets of those roses in Ethan's old Nexus room. My heart squeezed. The idea of that fucking puto coming in here when I wasn't there to... how did he even get in here in the first place? I have this place fucking covered!