Rescue Mission.

//warnings for blood, gore, and possible project nexus spoilers??

(((NOTICE: !please read! This chapter will be the first and probably LAST chapter that takes place from a different POV- that being Dimitri.
Just to clear up any confusion on the story or change in writing style.
I WILL go back to writing from the original POV next chapter.
TY!!!)))

Previously

As we got further away I could still make out Dimitri as he just stared after me, as if clueless on what to do.
    I had no other choice but to just purse my lips and ignore the strange sense of pain that came from my chest, a sort of guilt- no, more like anger- maybe sadness?
    Whatever it was, it was certainly a strange, new feeling.  I would miss him.

—————————————————————-
We continue...

The first, an' only thing really, that stuck out to me about him were his eyes.

They were blue- and I mean REAL blue. So blue they almost glowed like how that yellow agency  blood glowed when you bashed their heads in.
They glowed when I first met em, and glowed when I saw him being dragged away.

So when I was left with nothin to do but stare as he was led to a certain death, those blue eyes stuck with me. They haunted me. All I could think about.

Even with all the fighting going on- I was stuck in a spell almost, stuck thinking about those blue eyes,,,

"Dimitri??! Come on- we can't be out in the open like this!" I felt a tug on my arm and I snapped out of it, everything was moving fast. Too fast.
"Ethan?"

"What? No! It's me Alex!"

Alex? Didn't I tell that bastard to stay by the agents side?

It didn't matter- Alex had a grip on me like no tomorrow and was practically dragging me from my spot, it was almost as if my feet grew roots as I stood there- thinkin of him.
Eventually I hauled ass too, following Alex as he led to me to, well, somewhere. It seemed like none of us knew what to do or where to go, and all around us was the popping sound of ammo.

It was about halfway through our little journey when I started to realized what had happened. "Wait- we gotta go back for him"

Alex just shook their head. "Nuh-uh, he's dead meat now, especially with them agency boys".

"That's the PROBLEM!!" Yanking my arm away from Alex I retraced my steps and found my way back to the clearing before Alex could get on my ass again.

    I don't think I've ever ran that fast before, not even when runnin for my life away from a MAG bandit, and not even when running to get dinner.
    But I really ran when I started to think about all the things that could happen- how every second I spent stumbling about was another second off his life....
I was completely out of breath when I could finally see people again.
Agents and yellow-blood ass holes- I could never remember their names- runnin around like grunts with their heads cut off.

Now was the time to act, so without another thought I ran down to where the action was, and where the gunshots were loudest.
Down here it was only more of a mess, agency boys fuckin with our turf as usual, ugh.
This was no time to talk shit, I quickly reminded myself. I had a job, a mission.