Leaving the Agency- For the Last Time.

Warnings for blood, violence

Previously

I looked up from our conjoined hands to her haunting eyes as I felt every inch of my being full with dread, and my eyes well up with tears.

They knew who I was. They always knew. This was all a setup- and I had walked right into it.

—————————————————————-
We continue...

    "Well? Would you mind having a nice little chat with me?" The auditor spoke softly as if to calm my shot nerves.

    It's not like I had a choice- and I nodded slowly, following them as he led me to sit down in one of the big, cushy, couches that sat to face the large window in the room.

Reluctantly I followed, and tried to brush off the fact that I was shaking from fear.

The auditor sat down on one of the large love seats and gestured for me to take the seat opposite of her, so I did, and immediately regretted it.
As soon as I sat down the auditor reached out with a smoky black flame to grab ahold of each of my ankles- holding me in place.
The strange smoky flames didn't burn though, in fact they felt quite cold.

"So, let's start with your insubordination at agency building 1.b- just outside Nevada central" he calmly said as he poured himself a glass of wine from the table that sat between us.

"I- I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean" I muttered. Stoicism was crucial right now- I couldn't give myself away. 

    "Oh you know exactly what I mean. Your old engineer, Daniel? Ring a bell?"

    I loudly gulped and opened my mouth to speak- only to be interrupted by a loud crash followed by some yelling. It was faint so that I couldn't decipher the shouts- but loud enough so that it couldn't be ignored.
    Confused, I turned to raise my eyebrows at the auditor, who seemingly paid no mind to the noise.

    "As you were saying...?" They prompted me

I sighed "listen- about Daniel- I really didn't mean to kill him I swear! It was an accident, I pushed on the tigger too hard and-"

    "Accident?" The auditor interrupted me. "You call what happened to engineer Daniel an accident?? You killed multiple agents that day Ethan! How do you explain that?!" His voice grew louder and I shrunk back in my chair. All of a sudden my mouth felt incredibly dry.

    "That was because I was scared- I didn't know what else to do!"

    The auditor pinched the bridge of her nose just as a loud alarm started to ring out

BEEP BEEP BEEP "CALLING ALL DISPATCH-ABLE UNITS FOR BACKUP AT THE MAIN HALL"

    I moved my hands to cover my ears and the auditor jumped from her chair and ran to the door in one smooth motion- releasing me from my restraints. They mumbled something under their breath I couldn't understand before turning to face me.

    "Don't move an inch from that spot- or I'll tear you apart myself. You won't need a tongue if you're not going to talk." he hissed as he gracefully ran out the door, leaving me alone in that lavish room.