"Hello my name is Ethan"

//warnings for blood, violence

Previously ...

    "I don't suggest you try running, it would only make things more difficult for me" the man huffed as he struggled to hold my weight against him "let's get you back to my office, we have some more work to do".
—————————————————————
We continue

    The smaller man practically dragged me down the halls to his office, as blood loss and fatigue from the days events had all but caught up to me.  Finally He pushed open a door with a scrap piece of paper taped on with "2B" scrawled onto it. He carried me into the room and set me down on a small bloodied medical cot which creaked under me.
    "I suggest you get some rest" they said as they pulled out a box labeled 'emergency' "this may take a while". I sighed and tried to get comfortable, trying not to lay on my cheek as my eyes slowly fell and I went into a deep sleep.

———————————————————————-

    I woke up to the sound of soft laughter. The room seemed warmer than before and my head felt like it was being tightly embraced by something. It took all my strength to just open one of my eyes and look around the room, and even thought my eye sight was still blurred I could vaguely make out the shape of the man who had carried me here and a taller dark shadow. The two seemed to be talking and standing rather close- until the Mohawk one noticed I was awake and murmured so thing to the shadow, who nodded before leaving. The masked man rushed towards me and helped me sit up in the small bed- was it always that bloody?
"Finally, you're awake" he said, almost sounding relieved. I went to respond but was surprised when I realized I couldn't move my jaw at all- or most my head for that matter. I reached up my hands to touch my cheeks and realized that there're was a thick layer of gauze and bandages on my skin, even on the palms of my hands. Confused I looked back up to him- raising my eyebrows in question.
"Yes about that- you see when I was going over your injuries while you were sleeping I noticed another large cut on the back of your head and palms. As well as minor abrasions across your face. I patched them all up for you, so you're welcome" he said calmly as he started to put away empty syringes and bloodied knives. "I'd honestly consider you lucky to have made it this far without collapsing considering the blood loss, although I guess adrenaline will do that to you" he seemed to be talking more to himself now rather than me as he tidied up.
I frowned, well as much as I could through the bandages. Yesterday seemed like a blur- a bad dream perhaps. But the constant pain in my face and side were a reminder of what had happened. I just wanted to go home even if that home was heartless, cruel, and dangerous.
"Oh before I forget" the man said, interrupting my thoughts "I also got this out for you while you were down under" I looked up to what he was talking about. In his hand were a couple of small pointed teeth that were still bloody at the end, and he examined it like they were some novel thing. "Sanford knocked them out of you- impressive. Must've been why you were struggling to speak so much earlier. I'm sure you won't mind if I hold onto it, hell might be able to get some use from it" he dropped them on a little metal plate on the table next to the cot before placing himself to sit on that table, crossing his legs and looking at me.
"Quick question, do they teach you to read and write at the agency?" He asked, still peering down at me. I nodded in response, they always taught the agent clones literacy- the only ones who were left out were the lower level Grunts who even then could comprehend basic phrases at least. Poor bastards.
"Great" he continued "then I hope you won't mind answering a few questions of my own- don't worry, I won't knock out any teeth" even though he wore a heavy mask I could tell he was grinning under all the dirty bandages.  I sighed and nodded hesitantly, I mean it wasn't like I had a choice with these shitheads.
    Mohawk man reached into a drawer underneath him on the table and pulled out a paper and pen, handing them to me. I took them carefully and tried to hold the pen my stiff fingers. What was he wanting to ask me?
    "Now how about you try writing something, Just to see if your hand can take it" I responded to him with a silent nod as I struggled to hold the pen- quickly scrawling something down on the yellow notepad 'Hello my name is Ethan'. The man chuckled when he read it "well Ethan, I don't think I've given you my name yet. Many people call me 2Bdamned, but you can just call me doc or even 2B to make it easier". 2Bdamned? That was a shit name ngl who's named 2Bdamned-
    Doc tapped his fingers on the table as if to think "so how about we elaborate on the sheriff, I knew he had his own little town- in the industry sector of nexus city- but last I heard it was locked up from outsiders... mind telling me?" I nodded once and started writing on the note pad.
'Has own city past one of the big cities' I showed it to doc to read.
    "Where is it by? There's a few major cities 'round here"
    I scribbled down something in response 'just past the one w/ gil's hotdog place. It's connected to nexus city"
    "Nexus city? Well that makes my job easier. near the SQ faction right? I've only been there a few times if I can remember.... What's the security like up there?"
    "lots of agents and mercs . That's it" I decided to leave out the fact that most of the MAGs were stationed There as well, why tell em?
    "Hmm.... what about you? What's your ranking there- can you get close to the sheriff maybe?"
    "I'm an agent but I have engineer privileges. I was a body guard for him."  I showed it to Doc who didn't seem to mind my short choppy sentences.
    "Interesting, how do you have engineer privileges then if you don't mind my asking"
    I paused, a bit hesitant before writing "I was promoted to become an engineer but refused, didn't want that bio engineer shit". I wasn't comfortable with giving up personal information to ass holes, but hey it's not like it gave them too much to work with.
    Doc just nodded and checked a broken watch on his wrist. "We don't have too much time, so I'll try to make this quick- what is this place built like exactly, is there a map of it or..."
    I thought for a moment before scribbling away at the notepad, trying to get a rough shape down for what I could best remember the small city sector to look like, while of course still obfuscating some information.