Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don't (pt2)

//Warnings for cannibalism, heavy gore, violence, blood.

Previously...

Speaking of that mask; it was a dark gray and purple. Alive and vibrant as the man that used to wear it.

I choked on air and stumbled back, tripping into tables as I struggled to get a grip. I swallowed my fear, my grief, and my guilt, all to squeak out one little word- one plead of mercy from the man that stood mere feet away from me.

"Dimitri?"

—————————————————————
We continue

    My words caught in my throat, but reasoning would've been pointless anyways.

    He lunged for me with his remaining axe, getting stuck in the tables behind us. It took a moment but once I shook myself free from the shock I bolted out of the room and into the next hall, looking for a way out.

    'Why would he be here?! Why him!'

    My stomach sank with guilt and fear, I felt like I was being judged, in some weird way, for what I did to him. I felt like he had a reason to be mad at me, even if he wasn't real.
    Looking behind me I saw as he wrestled his axe from the wall before bolting after me. He was faster than me- always had been- but now it was ridiculous. I threw myself into the closest exit I saw which only led down another hall. Nevertheless I saw an opportunity to lose him and ducked into another empty side room.

    Back pressed against the wall, I held a hand over my mouth to keep quiet. I was positioned to be able to peek around the doorway to see if he caught on, and I saw his dark figure lurk over the corner to my hall.

    I stifled a gasp, it was okay, he didn't know which room I was in. I got my gun ready knowing I wouldn't be able to shoot him. I knew that. But it still offered some comfort as I sunk to the floor.
    Was this what the test was? The real test? Those agents, were they just obstacles to get to him?

    "Please" I whispered out, hoping someone was watching to hear my pleas "end the simulation. I cant do this"

    Suddenly an axe came swinging in, missing the top of my head by a few hairs. I scrambled to my feet and looked for a way out of my dead end. Dimitri came sauntering towards me, dripping blood on the now carpeted floors. A reminder that I was next on the menu should he reach me.

    "Wait wait wait wait wait" I held my hands out in front of me, trying to reason with code. "Just hold on a Minute! It's me yea?" Even so I couldn't help it. A part of me wanted to hope that this recreation would have the same sympathy as the real one.

    He lunged again, this time skimming my thigh with the blade of his axe as I just barely dodged. The pain grew even worse than before, whatever pain reducers there once were now completely gone. I made a break for it but something grabbed ahold of my ankle, dragging me down.

    I clawed at the carpet to get away but it was too late, he was too strong. I was flipped onto my back as he leaned over me, axe in hand, ready to make a final blow.
    Shit. "Sorry for this" I muttered and drew my gun to fire into his bicep. He stopped, and for a brief second my pain did too, strangely enough. I shot another two bullets into his arms, nowhere vital, but it gave me enough time to push him off and get away. For a brief moment his chest was exposed, and my hand reached for my sword.
But doing that, an image came to mind, Caligula's sword piercing Dimitri's chest.