Monsters

Chapter-3
The fated meeting

•°.Monsters.°•

~•~

Sorry. I accidentally uploaded a part I was editing few days ago. Damn, how clumsy a person can be. Sorry again. ╥﹏╥. Story will get interesting from here.

The town of Spade was a small town located near the city of Clover. It got it's name from it's shape, which had an uncanny resemblance to the symbol of spade.

Lucy was really excited for this mission as it was her first official job. So excited that she cleaned all her keys with her handkerchief, which she never did. Well there was no need since they never got dirty.

For the past 1 year she earned money by doing small and common jobs with the help of her spirits like haircut, transfer of heavy luggage, singing for an performance in an auditorium, lighting fire for industries, replacing a water fountain (for which she received a painful punishment later) and many more.

She even fought battles with evil mages, a perverted mayor and many weird creatures. Some of them were easy and some of them were a bit harder, but none of them drove Lucy to her limits.

She was always happy helping people, even if the reward was small or the job was trivial.

The only thing that got hurt was her pride, pride as a wizard. No one really considered her a powerful mage, nor the employees or the bystanders.

Even Natsu, one of her spirits never considered her strong. He teased her on several occasions but got his mouth shut after Lucy teased him back for his strength.

Lucy always had a dream of joining the greatest guild of Fiore, that goes by the name "Fairytail."

Natsu always said that they will never accept a weakling like Lucy in their guild. This created doubts in Lucy's head and she never really mustered the courage to try to join Fairytail. Maybe it was the fear of losing her self-esteem or the thought of being suppressed by the strong that stopped her from even approaching the guild.

But this time it was different. She made a vow beforehand that she intend to fulfill despite her fears.

The steam engine stops at the station of Spade. Lucy glances out from the window. The station was deserted and looked abandoned for days.

Three people hopped out from the train from two different compartments, including Lucy. However by the time Lucy got out, the other two were already gone.

Lucy feels the rumbling of earth as train starts moving again. She wanted to see who else came to this deserted town but wasn't able to. She shrugs her shoulders and streches her arms in the air, "This is it" she mumbles.

"If I complete this job successfully, I will join Fairytail." She continues with a determined look on her face. "I won't fail this."

"No you can't join it.", she receives a reply from someone.

It was Natsu and she knew it. Without looking back she carried on her self motivation, "Don't worry Lucy, there will be obstacles and idiots on your path...a lot of them. Never take them seriously. Make your own way and let your actions speak for you..."

"Hey don't ignore me", Natsu says grabbing Lucy's arm to gain attention.

Lucy meets the gaze of Natsu's eyes. She flicks her wrist, escaping the grip of Natsu. Then they both makes a serious eyes contact.