Gildarts Of The West

Chapter-26
Scattered

•.°Gildarts Of The West•°.•

~•~

The day of 28th June, X785. The summer sun marked the start of a stressful and busy noon. And as for Fairytail, they just reached the Hargeon port.

Juvia came into play this time. She used her magic to submerge the ship in ocean to hide it from the people who were roaming near the port. Though these passerby(s) were surprised to see around 25 people, all wearing hoods swimming out of the water.

But the aura of these people triggered a fear in them. None of them dared to question them.

"Here goes the last one." Gildarts says, helping Nab to get out, who was carrying the last bit of luggage kept in the boat. The boat was destroyed completely by now... which really made Juvia upset.

The ice of that ship melted and the wood sank in ocean, hiding it's existence forever.

"Good... Things are going really smoothly until now. The fact that we weren't chased means that they couldn't track us." Master says and then nods at Warren. "And so, our parting time has finally arrived."

Warren nods back and turns towards the crowd, "Alright. First, did anyone of you forget to bring the communication lacrima that I delivered?"

Everyone shook their head... except Lucy. Lucy tried to quickly flash through her memories of packing. Clothes, cosmetics, money, food packets... that's it?!

She takes a gulp and says nervously, bowing down. "U-Umm I did!"

Everyone looks at her in disbelief. Did she really...?!

Warren sighs and looks down. But something was wrong. His movements, the expression of disappointment felt a little forced. He gives a sharp glance at master and then raises his head again.

"Well nothing can be done about it. The ones who have bought them, please destroy it." Warren says.

"What? You want us to destroy them?!" Romeo asks, feeling a little sad for Warren. He really went overboard to make 100 of them.

Warren nods reluctantly. "Well... It is to stop the council from tracking us... greater good I guess..."

The others shrugs and destroy the lacrimas one by one. Only Lucy stood there idly.

Mustering up courage, she asks hesitantly, "What about my crystal? Do I need to go back to destroy it?"

"What? No! Don't return back to Magnolia! Just forget it. No one will discover it... probably." Warren says, a little unsure himself.

"Haha! Don't worry about it Lucy. It would have been a little wierd if everyone in this guild remembered about it." Makarov says with a laugh.

"Yes..." Lucy replies, still feeling guilty for being the only one without a crystal.

Makarov sighs. His try to boost her morale didn't work. "Don't look so down, child. This is departure. Smile... we won't see each other for the next 3 months."

Lucy notices this effort of Makarov and tries to smile. "Right..."

"That's better." Makarov smiles back.

The others cheer and starts to talk with their friends for a little while before the 3 month gap.

Makarov slowly walks towards Lucy and stops once he was in front of her. He gestures Lucy to bend down, and once she did, he whispers in her ear, "He is with you, isn't he? He wasn't in there."