Distrust And Suspicion

Chapter-23
Impostor...?

.°•Distrust And Suspicion•°.•

~•~

The wizards in infirmary waited patiently, without any sound. The silence, at times broken by a chime from the lacrima, continued for about 3 minutes, until master decided to speak.

"Seems like everyone can now hear my voice." Master says opening his eyes. He brings the lacrima closer to his ear. The voice was muffled because of the number of people speaking at the same time, but he was able to make out a 'yes' clearly.

Makarov looks in front to ensure everyone was paying attention. As expected, everyone was. The old outlaw Fairytail's behavior was replaced by a new sincere one. In a way, it made him feel old.

He takes a deep breath and starts "Listen carefully brats. This maybe the last time you hear the voice of your master..."

At these words, everyone was surprised. Maybe Makarov just wanted to make everyone take this seriously... but he isn't the person who lies. The only thing they could do was wait, wait till master announces what he really meant.

Finally, Makarov begins...

•••

Few minutes before master arrived at the guild, something happened in the basement of Fairy tail.

The boy whose freedom was restrained by the crystal gains consciousness once again.

"Like this?" Natsu says slowly opening his eyes. But in other moment, he lets out a confused "Huh?"

As soon as he got fully aware and back to his senses, he looked around. No one was in that room. He was lying beside the revival lacrima, naked.

Without any moment to waste, he examines his condition and his surroundings. This made him realize something. He jumps up and starts screaming, "GRAMPPS?!! LUCE?!!!"

But no one answers. No one was there to answer.

Natsu sighs and starts to fetch for his clothes. He was surprised to find them neatly folded and kept in a corner. He just knew who kept them like this.

"Lucy... always wanna be the baby sitter...." Natsu mumbles. He picks up his clothes and unfolds them. As he unfolds the clothes, he notices something.

"Why is dust lying on them..." He whispers dusting them. "Could it be...?"

Natsu wears all of his clothing, taking his sweet time, 'thinking' hard about something. As he completes wearing his clothes, he comes to a conclusion.

Natsu taps his fist on his palm and mutters, "Maybe it has been days since then... that's why they are not here...that's why these clothes are dusted..."

(He had forgotten all about the minimum incubating period of 4 days.)

He was still not sure about this, mainly because he was the one who thought of this, not Lucy. He kept thinking about this while walking towards the exit.

"Or maybe I am over thinking it." Natsu finally gives up scratching his head. He increases his pace and starts running over the stairs, skipping a few in the process.

But as soon as he completes climbing the first set of stairways, his path gets blocked by a giant door.

Natsu glares at it for a few seconds and then tries to push it, but it didn't flinch.