The Boy From That Day

Chapter-46
Hunt for backup...

°•.•The Boy From That Day•.•°

~•~

~A minute before Laxus lost against Sabertooth~

Even after the message of princess, the guards didn't show up. The panic was among the tourists was spreading.

The city was fortified, disallowing any movement inside or outside the city. While it was safety measure to avoid any reinforcement for the enemy, it prevented the citizens from exiting the city.

A protest was building up on the entrance gate of Crocus. The gate police was already having problem in controlling the crowd. And what added to the chaos was the sudden burst of repeated lightning strikes in middle of the town. The clear sky was covered with thick clouds. A faint static charge was spreading throughout the city.

A person in midst of the crowd was however, a little more panicked than the others. And this person happens to be none other than Kin.

(Quick reminder: Kin- One of the four members of Radiants)

Kin was the part of the front of people who were trying to burst out of the wooden door by force. But the royal guards were prepared with a magic barricade with the help of some professional wizards. Thus, that wooden door was just as durable as a thick unbreakable metal door.

"shit..." Kin mumbles as a combined attack of some tourist wizards fails to put a scratch on that thing. He glances at his back. The black clouds in middle of the city were making him curious to check them out, but his primary goal was still incomplete.

"RETREAT! YOUR SAFETY IS GUARANTEED. KINDLY. DON'T. PANIC!" One of the guards present on the wall announces in an convincing voice.

Come to think of it, the guards hadn't used force up until now. This was a really good decision. The hearts of those who were protesting started to waver. Some from the backmost part of the horde started leaving already.

"YES! PLEASE UNDERSTAND! OUR SOLDIERS ARE SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE CITY! YOU WON'T FACE ANY PROBLEM IN FINDING AN UNDERGROUND SHELTER HOME!" The guard carries on, stepping towards the edge of the wall.

Kin glances around. The crowd was getting reduced slowly too. There was no way around either. You cannot break a 60 feet tall wall, or a enchanted wooden door either.

Even trying that in presence of so many people would be stupid.

And this was getting in way of Kin. "Should I ask Akira... and bring a charter from the king himself...?" He whispers to himself.

There was not much time left. And he knew it. He sighed and stepped forward towards the door. He was hesitant in his approach. Some people were trying to break through using swords and spears, but it was no bother for the door or the guards.

None of them saw what was coming.

"Hopefully this won't blow my cover..." Kin mumbled and gently placed his hand on the wooden surface, which was glowing faintly because of the enchanted barrier by the guards.

First his fingertips, and then gently, he placed his palm on the door. A moment after he kept the contact, water suddenly rose from the ground and formed into a thin sheet. A layer of water crawling all the way to the top of that giant door.

The door now looked like a giant slab of water.

"What th-?" The guard who was trying to repel the protest whispers as the water reaches his feet. The wizards maintaining the barrier had the same reaction. The thin sheet only stretched around the area of the door.