Fire & Ice

Chapter-19
The old rivalry

.°•|Fire & Ice|•°.

~•~

"Because I am ice, and you are fire. When we meet, they will tremble. They will fear the cold and crave the burn.
Because you are fire, and I have been cold my whole life."

The sun was just rising from the horizon. A light shade of blue and orange blended together in the sky, marking the beginning of dawn. The birds started chirping and cold breeze traversed through Magnolia.

Lucy opens her eyes slowly. Her hands and legs were numb. As soon as she realizes it, she tries to move them. There was a weird tingling sensation.

"I was sleeping in the wrong position again." Lucy sighs, disappointed in herself. She stands up on her legs. At first, it was a bit difficult but soon it became normal.

She slowly walks towards the door of the bedroom, trying to remember what all happened the previous day.

Lucy suddenly stops in her tracks. "I hope they all are alright." She mumbles, now increasing her pace. She had to visit the infirmary asap. Mira must be waiting for her.

It took only 40 minutes for her to get ready. She wore a green shirt above a pink top and a white frock. After tying her hair with her bow and hooking her key holder to her belt, she rushed towards the door.

"No time to waste!" Lucy motivated herself after wearing her boots. She was just locking the door when someone appeared right beside her out of thin air.

She didn't react to it. She knew who it was...

"Why are you so excited this early? You woke me up." Natsu said with a yawn. At least he was awake this time.

"Don't call it my excitement. I am really concerned for them! And stop sensing my emotions... it's creepy!" Lucy said after locking the door and slipping the key in her skirt's pocket.

"Well you were the one who made a contract with me. It's not like I like your sense your emotions... they just appear in my head out of nowhere!" Natsu shrugs, trying to sound innocent. "Don't blame me for your decisions."

"Don't say like that!"

"Kay." Natsu says with another yawn.

Lucy puffs her face in annoyance but then lets out a sigh. Seriously... why is Natsu so clueless. He is so precious to her and says something like that like it is no big deal. Natsu really changed her mood from bad to worse.

"I am going to the infirmary." Lucy declares walking down the stairs. Natsu stood at his place, expecting Lucy to stop. But she didn't stopped for him.

Lucy was about to leave the apartment when finally Natsu decided to move, realizing that he won't get much attention right now.

"Hey hold up Lucy! Don't-"

"If you are going to stop me from going back, then just return to the celestial world." Lucy says, still not stopping for Natsu to catch up.

Natsu stops speaking. Lucy already knew it. Can she feel his emotions too? She always successfully predicts Natsu's motives for some reason...

Natsu sprints to catch-up with her and when he does, he starts walking beside her. They walked quite some distance without talking to each other.

For some reoson, Lucy was producing an aura that warned Natsu. 'If he says anything stupid again, she will murder him with words.' Yes that type of aura.