The Beast

Chapter-4

°•°.The Beast•°.

~•~

NOTE- Thi-...Never mind. More importantly, if you are still here cuz you are liking the plot, you are my first best friend. :)

The days were longer in the month of June. But this particular day concluded seemingly quicker. And just like that, the pitch black night that was dyed red in the mind of Lucy forever began...

Lucy enjoyed the day to it's fullest. She talked with Gray and Erza about their adventures and how good of a guild Fairytail was. She took a relaxing soak in the inbuilt hotspring of the mansion and strolled barefooted in the garden too.

She flied with Happy, which was her first flying experience. Happy after this complained that she was too heavy... for which he was rewarded a bump on his head.

It was now time to leave for work.

The sun had set already in the horizon few hours ago and the moon was shining faintly. Crickets were making shrill noises as usual. Stars filled the sky. Everything appeared beautiful. Lucy was never this excited since the past year.

•••

The two teams walks side by side towards the exit. The magic seals were shining brightly. According to Mason, they specifically prevented the beast from entering the mansion.

Four of them bid each other goodbyes as they separated from the exit. Lucy and Happy walked side by side, taking opposite road as Erza's and Gray's.

"You people are sure lively." Lucy says to Happy.

"Aye"

"Wonder why Natsu said they were monsters... they seem good so far." She smiles and then mumbles something.

"Lucy are you talking to a ghost." Happy says, not understanding a word she said but still taking his fish out to defend himself from any potential ghost attack.

"What? No... no not at all" Lucy replies awkwardly.

"If you say so." Happy sighs lowering his fish back. "So which of your spirit can produce light."

"Oh I have one. He uses fire magic."

"Fire magic huh...." Happy repeats putting his fish back. "So can he fight well?" He asks doubtfully.

"What do you mean?" Lucy frowns.

"I know a very weak fire wizard... his name is Macao... I just hope he isn't like him."

"That's not what I meant. Why would he need to fight?" Lucy asks again, insisting on every word.

Happy giggles replies just what she was hoping not to be the case here, "If Erza and Gray are late then you will have to take it down Lucy."

Lucy stops walking. She could hear Happy laughing under his paws. She glares at the little guy.

"This is not funny." She smacks Happy, yet again. Her voice was really serious this time.

"Don't worry you will be fine." Happy assures rubbing his head. "They are never late."

"Hope so...."

Lucy and Happy walked to the city, where beast was less likely to appear and Erza and Gray chose the path that led to a neighboring forest, where beast was highly expected to appear.