Destinations

Chapter-27
Perfect hiding place?

.°•~Destinations~•°.

~•~

Merry Christmas! And, to celebrate it, take this chapter 2 days in advance lol

"Don't let them escape!!" A council mage yells, finally pointing her magic wand towards Kage. Without a moment of delay, she shoots the concentrated magic orb at him.

But it was of no use. The orb passes right through Kage, leaving some shadowy trail around it.

"Darn it! Report about this to sir Laharl immediately!!" The women who tried to shoot Kage yells to her comrades... but no reply came.

The spell Kage casted was slowly accomplishing it's goal. In annoyance, that women turns around to face his fellow council mages... but what she saw was unexpected.

The other council mages were frozen with fear... the absurd gap of power between them and that lone fairy. Even if Gildarts was no longer using his magic, the residual of his aura was still lurking in the air... and it was intense.

They didn't wish to catch him for glory... not anymore... instead they simply wanted him to leave. His presence was making them uneasy. They knew that it was stupidity to even try to stop him.

That council wizard realized that she was the only one who was moving. She jerked her head back towards those 3 wizards... Kage was smirking. Only his head was above the ground by now.

The council mages watched the easiest escape of these three wizards from under their noses. They could do nothing against the force of nature.

"Damn it... if only it was someone other than Gildarts." One of the council mage says.

•••

Near the foothills of Magnolia, a shadow of a giant tree spitted out Gildarts, Kageyama and Jacob. Out of them, Jacob was unconscious.

Gildarts quickly stood up and examined the situation. He could not sense anyone around... they were alone in this forest.

He sighs out of relieve and looks at Kageyama. He was lying on the ground, heavily exhausted.

"That's some great magic you have." Gildarts says lending him a hand.

"That's something from your mouth." Kageyama smiles, gladly accepting the hand to for support. "Though I will avoid using that spell frequently."

"So... Kageyama was it?" Gildarts asks walking towards Jacob.

"Yes." Kageyama replies sincerely following him.

"Kageyama. I know it is a little late, but who are you? I really hope that you aren't an enem-"

"No! I am not..." Kageyama snaps in between. Gildarts nodded and remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"I am... the real spy... the one who was responsible to provide information to Blue Pegasus." Kage says hesitantly. Maybe he still wasn't sure about revealing his identity to Gildarts.

Gildarts doesn't react at first. He continued to pick Jacob up, putting him on his back steadily.

"I see... so this baldy was fake. But how did you end up in that pocket dimension?" Gildarts asks. He takes a glance at Magnolia, from the cliff. The town was not lit up, like it used to be in the night. He sighed and started walking away from the main entrance.

And for Kageyama, this was unusually going perfectly. He thought that he would get at least a nice scolding or a death warning for messing up... well this man is Gildarts, the strongest in the west. But he isn't anything like the stories he heard. His uneasiness decreased gradually.