The Tale of the Tragedy-I

Chapter-17
The pain he carried

|×~The Tale Of Tragedy-I~×|

The air was filled with tension. No one was laughing or drinking as they usually did. Actually the guild was barren. Each and every member was in the infirmary, worried for their friends.

Only a few members, including Lucy, were inside the room of infirmary to avoid it from getting overcrowded. Reedus, Warren, Max, Alzack and Bisca were the ones who went on a search for herbs prescribed by Porlyusica.

"Please..." Mira breaks into tears after looking at her friends in the near death condition. "Why is this happening...?" Her hands were joined, as if she was praying to god for forgiveness. Lucy goes to her side to comfort her.

But the hard part was that Mira was not alone. Everyone was broken. In most of the guilds, friendship existed only between the weak and weak & between strong and strong. But in Fairytail, these stereotypes were meaningless.

Each member was a precious part for another.

All the members who left for this missions were injured heavily. Some of them were even missing! Negativity was lurking behind the subconscious, making the while scene gloomy.

Losing any one meant a lot to the others.

There was no way anyone could start a talk with another. Each and every single one of them were lost in the memories of their friends they have cherished. Why... why was this happening to them? Where did they go wrong?

•••

Time passed slowly.
It was mid night now. But still every single member was at the guild, weeping in the silence of sorrow. The team that went to search for herbs arrived a little while ago. Porlyusica was running around hectically, tired and anxious more than anyone else, but still keeping a record of all the mages who were injured.

Everyone else watched Porlyusica her, feeling pathetic. They wanted to become useful by some method, but no one dared to ask her about it. Her facial expression was just this tense.

The silence continued. The only voices those could be heard were of Porlyusica mumbling all sorts of remedies to herself and the wind that was breaking through the window.

Finally a sound was made by another individual other than Porlyusica.

Sadly it was not the voice of any injured mage...

"Mister Makarov. I am a messenger from the council. I came all the way here because the second emperor of Ishgar seeks your presence right now. Please show haste and leave for the headquarters." It was a frog. A humanoid frog, wearing a cape that covered it's whole body and a bag that ran across his waist.

Many papers were stick in out of it. Without a doubt, it really was a messenger of council.

The frog had delivered many summons to Fairytail earlier too. He was expexting them to freak out and run wild. He actually was rooting for a good entertainment after a long day of work, but he recieved a result he was not expecting.

There was no response. Not even a single one acknowledged his presence... or so he thought.

In his monotone voice, he added, "I repeat, show haste-"

He stopped.

The whole guild, literally the whole guild, gave him a blood curdling glare. The aura of these Fairytail wizards chilled him to his bone.

"Uhh..." His giant lips shuddered a bit as he asked, putting up a confident voice. "D-did I arrive at a... w-wrong time?" He hoped to ease the anger but this made the situation worst...