Teaming Up

Chapter-54
Fairies and Sabers...

•.°.°• Teaming Up •°.°.•

~•~

The flames threw Lucy, Karen, Loke and Virgo further back into the tunnel. Though 'fire' wasn't exactly what was there to it. It was mixed with soil, stones and rocks. They acted as a shrapnel, making it worse.

It actually was an explosion. An explosion similar to what happened a while ago.

But luckily, Loke managed to shield a small area in between those flames which flooded the tunnel, reducing the damage a bit.

"What the-?" Karen whispers as these flames sublime with air. The small tunnel was rumbling, the soil on the roof was pouring down.

"This is bad... we must escape from here." Virgo says putting out a small flame on her apron, "The tunnel won't hold for long."

"You don't say-" Lucy sighs. She then taps her chin on Loke's shoulder, "Are you alright, Loke?"

"More or less." Loke replies with a cracked smile. He was standing in the stance with which he punched a way in midst of this explosion. His legs stretched out, one of his hand supporting Lucy who was on his back and the other was a fist, facing the side of the explosion.

He slowly pulls his arm back and looks at it. It was burnt... severely. The skin was almost peeling off, similar to Lucy.

When Lucy saw this, she got a shiver. Loke felt this, and said quickly, "Don't mind this. Us celestial spirits heal once we return back to the celestial world."

"Then go." Lucy says slowly, pushing herself against the back of Loke and getting off. Since Loke only had one hand supporting her, he wasn't able to stop her.

"Lucy-" Loke says with concern, as Lucy almost trips back. But to his surprise, before he could catch Lucy her hand, he vanishes.

"Leo-" Virgo gasps, who was helping Lucy to stand up.

Karen looks at Lucy with on of her eye. That girl was smiling...

Karen sighs and folds her arms. She says without looking at her, "You are a talented wizard alright... using forced gate closure on someone like Leo..."

"Thanks..." Lucy replies, using Virgo's shoulder to stand straight. Virgo helps her by holding her back too.

"Why... did you do that?" Karen asks, still not looking at Lucy. "The enemy might approach at any moment now. If you were counting on my assistance, you are dead wrong. I will ditch you if the push comes to shove."

"No..." Lucy replies taking out Gemini's key. "I wasn't counting on your help."

The dark cave shone with a bright yellow light, as the zodiac gate of Gemini opened without any chanting.

Virgo slowly loosens her grip around Lucy's back and steps away as the yellow light slowly starts to fade, marking the appearance of Gemini. They had transformed into Lucy.

"Bonds... is what she has. Her spirits aren't anymore restricted by a barrier of summoning or chanting."

Karen closes her eyes and slips her hand in her purse, while Gemini supported Lucy to stand. Unlike Lucy, they were in perfect health. The only downside was Gemini-Lucy being in a bikini... well... that's the last time they copied her. Practicing at a shore.

But Lucy didn't mind it. They all were girls after all. She shifted her neck forward, while having her arm around Gemini to maintain her balance. In an intimidating voice, she said staring at the darkness of the cave, "Bring it on."