Grand Entrance

Chapter-38
When things don't turn the right way...

°.°Grand Entrance°•.°

~•~

~10 minutes earlier~

"Don't do anything reckless, Lucy, until we get back!" Carla says before Lucy stepped out the boundaries of the town. Lucy in turn gave a thumbs up and concentrated on the enemy in hand.

Carla sighs and looks ahead. "We need to finish this quick."

"Oh? That's funny. We were just about to say the same thing." Briar says kicking the ground. A dark wave flying low to the ground was shot towards Wendy and Carla, which they managed to dodge in time.

"What's your goal?" Wendy asks, taking her stance again.

"Purification, it is." Mary says from behind Briar.

"Purification?" Wendy asks slowly.

"Yes. Purification. Purifying each fortunate soul here. You know, you should just cooperate with us. Your measely liv-"

"Does that mean... you will kill every single person here?" Wendy asks. Her voice was shuttering, not from fear but shock.

"Are you deaf? We are not killing them. We are purifying their souls." Briar corrects, sending another shockwave towards Wendy and Carla. This time it was wider and vertically tall.

Carla, just in nick of time lifted up Wendy, making the shockwave just pass from inches below them. Now they were both flying above.

"That cat girl flied again." Mary says excitedly.

Briar keeps her hand on her back and asks, "How's your virus magic? Can you do that?"

"The one that affects magic and health in masses?" Mary asks.

"Yes." Briar replies. "The one that will clear this town in one go."

With a grin Mary nods and joins her hands. Her hands were trembling from excitement.

While they were having this silent conversation, Carla was planning the next approach. But Wendy was terrified. She, thanks to her enhanced hearing powers, was able to hear what she said.

And if this was true, then it is really a bad news.

People had gathered pretty close to them in bulk, naturally, intrigued by the chaos brewing in their peaceful city.

"Charle grip on tightly." Wendy said quickly and started to inhale an insane amount of air through her mouth.

Carla nodded and firmed her grip over Wendy. When Wendy's face was fully puffed up, she aimed at Mary.

"SKY DRAGON'S ROAR!" Wendy yelled shooting a large amount of magic power and air towards Mary. Briar saw this, but couldn't make it in time.

"Eh-?" Mary said in surprise as her eyes laid on the condensed storm that was right in front of her.

But it is soon replaced by a shadow. It was between Mary and that roar... and it was big...

"D-6!" Both Briar and Mary yell as D-6, one of their comrades, falls on the ground. He usually had a giant armor, but it was blown to shreds now. D-6 was outcold... but he protected Mary in the process.

"There was one more of them." Wendy says with a troubled voice.

"YOU DAMNED BRAT..." Briar yells from the ground.