Crime Sorcière

Chapter-32
The tale of Veronica

°•.°•Crime Sorcière•°.•°

~•~

In an isolated plain, runs a lone women, desperately trying to reach her goal. The goal was in the periphery of the forest.

And now, she finally reaches it.

"Found you... Jellal..." Ultear whispers, huffing wildly. On her way here, she hoped that the future she saw in her orb wasn't true. But reality often slaps you at times like these.

It was exactly same, if not more gruesome...

Jellal was there... In front of her... crucified. His body hung, lifeless. The material that held him there wasn't some metal or wood. They were vines. Thorny vines.

Injuries didn't scare Ultear a bit. But the horrible condition Jellal was in stimulated the feeling of fear once again. Apart from countless cuts and stabs, there was one fatal wound in his abdomen, a little more on the right side.

4... No, 5 thick vines were escaping his guts from behind. They were stained red with his blood. Maybe his intestine was damaged too. The ground around him was tainted red.

His flesh was tight and dry, and his body had stopped bleeding by now...

Just how much time has passed?

Ultear slaps herself to escape the inevitable.

"Future!" She says pointing her palm at Jellal. The vines behind him quickly withers into dry tendrils, making Jellal fall on the ground. The height wasn't much, so that fall was harmless.

That is... if he anything could harm him more than what already had...

Ultear runs, suddenly increasing her pace, towards Jellal. His eyes were closed and swollen. The vines in his abdomen left a hole... a hole big enough to fit a fist easily.

Ultear immediately leaned towards him to take a closer look at his wounds. His stomach was still unaffected, a minor portion of his guts was severely injured. Luckily, his lungs weren't damaged either.

But still, he had gone practically dry on blood.

With these wounds, he is unlikely to be...
The despair was kicking in by now. She jerked her head towards his arm and checked the pulse on his wrist.

1 second... 10 second... 20 second...

Nothing.

Ultear couldn't feel anything. But still, her hope was there. As faint as it may be, it was there. And maybe, it was her hope that made a miracle.

After 30 seconds, she finally felt a faint pulse. It was so weak that she could have missed it if she wasn't careful enough. This unconsciously lit a smile on her pale sweaty face.

Ultear wipes the sweat on her forehead and looks around.

"Medly... Come back quickly."

•••

"So... What is it that you want to know?" Jacob asks resting his elbows on the plank of the cart.

"Just start from the beginning, geez." Gildarts replies.

Jacob sighs and says, "Alright. The thing is, I am from Alvarez. The western continent-"

"ALVAREZ?!" Kage, who was sitting beside Kage repeats in pure shock.