Rush Hours

Chapter-24
Here it comes...

•.°°•Rush Hours•°•°.•

~•~

Natsu jumps out of the window after extinguishing the fire he created by mistake in Lucy's house. As he lands down, he looks back at the window. The smoke was still leaking out from the it. This is bad.

But then he sighs and then mutters. "Atleast Lucy won't be here until the smoke calms down..."

And so, after taking another look at the 'smoking hot' building, he starts to walk on the road aimlessly. His mind was goofily enjoying the nostalgic view of the city, until he smelled her.

The smell of Lucy heading this way.

"What the heck-?" Natsu panicked as he noticed it and jerked his head around, desperately looking for a cover.

There was nothing... except a barrel. An ol' traditional wooden barrel outside a closed shop. Without wasting a second, he crawled under that barrel. It had a strong scent of alcohol.

Soon, Natsu's senses were confirmed as a peeked a little outside. It really was Lucy. The house was still away from here.

As Lucy crossed the barrel, Natsu jolted back inside. Lucy heard a sound rumbling sound, but didn't care to think about it. I mean... her house is on fire. She continued to run towards her apartment.

Once Lucy's smell vanished, Natsu jumps out if the barrel. He almost burned that barrel too. His magic was really out of control today...

"Phew... that was close." Natsu mumbles and then starts running away from the direction of the house.

Just as hhe took a few steps, he sensed a presence... a smell towards the direction Lucy was headed. That road was barren when he crossed it earlier.

But then, he sighed and continued his trek. Maybe his nose is acting weird too...

"Man... she is going to kill me..." Natsu whispers with a pale face while walking. He got chills just by imagining Lucy's face when she finds out that her sweet newly rented home was on fire.

As he was strolling in despair, he smelled the scent of a few more people. Their scent was faint, but it was there. He just knew whose scent it was. Natsu's gloomy face brightened as he ran towards the source.

•••

"Sheesh... what's up with Lushie." Happy says, pulling out a fish from his green backpack.

"Who knows." Gray mumbles, lying down on the grass, gazing at the sky.

"Her apartment is on fire. You can't expect her to be calm right?" Wendy says with a giggle.

When confronted with logic, Happy started sulking, "She could have asked us to tag along just in case..."

"Now don't-"
"Shhh-" Carla was about to roast Happy but Erza signaled everyone to stay quiet.

"Show yourself!" She commands getting up, ready to chop some heads. Wendy and Carla shoot up too. But Gray and Happy didn't bother to stand up. The enemy was defeated when Erza sensed him.

"I am sorry Erza!" The suspected man jumps out from behind the tree they all were sitting under. He unexpectedly bows down to Erza. "Now don't kill me."

It wasn't a apology. It was a satire smile.

Erza sighs. She kneels down and holds the shoulder of that man, helping him to get up.