Unforeseen

Chapter-35
The plan that went wrong

.Unforeseen°.•.

~•~

"Almost there..." Jellal whispers to Meredy, who was supporting him to walk.

Meredy nods weakly. And after few more steps, just as Jellal predicted, they reach the main gate of the village. It, along with the wooden boundary, was destroyed.

Woods as high as 30 feet were brought down to rubble.

"That Elvira... she did this..." Jellal mumbles.

Meredy couldn't reply to this one. They both were too weak to do a thing, but were still going on.

They walked and walked and walked, until they finally reached the heart of the village... and the place where the death counts were maximum.

Each and every person was sadistically killed. It was clear from their remains. The vines were forcefully pushed into the mouths and eyes of those people.

Their skin was scraped into layers. The precision with which it was done made it clear that Elvira took her sweet time in doing so. Their arms and legs were missing, only leaving the torso of the corpse.

Many had clear expressions of fear on their faces. A horrific fear, almost too vivid to belong to the dead.

But none was spared alive.

The soil was tainted red with the blood of children and adults... it was a mass genocide. Many birds were preying on the gruesome remains of the villagers.

Escatsy... pure escatsy born of something. It was an emotion of rage born from an incident that this duo couldn't recall at this moment.

I mean... how could they?

"Let's do this..." Jellal says, escaping the support of Meredy.

Meredy immediately loses her ground. The scene in front of her, added with her condition made it impossible for her to stand upright.

"Do... you think Ul...?" Meredy asks.

Jellal gives a glance to her. "Ultear will definitely come..."

Meredy smiles with on her eyes closed, and makes a effort to stand again. Jellal walks over to the nearest remain of a villager. A pale blue hand, that too was being eaten slowly by a crow.

This all pained him, and Meredy. But nothing they could do. As Jellal lowered down, he felt a sudden ache in his stomach.

But ignoring it, both he and Meredy started to dig the soil with their bare hands. It was not completely solid, but was still hard to dig given their frail condition.

"Just a little more..." Meredy mutters. She was sitting beside a child who had a massive stab in his stomach. His organs were slithering out, and his skin was covered with thorns. Ignoring her mental trauma, she continued to dig the ground.

~Rustle~

A faint sound came from behind, towards the gate of the village. Both Meredy and Jellal ignored it, since there already were a lot of scavengers making awful sounds already. Plus, their senses were dull right now.

The rustle grew louder and louder. The ravens started to yell at the person who was heading towards their prey. He was leaving a trail of blood behind him, his flesh was dripping down.

Atlast, when Meredy noticed it, it was too late. This person was a man. Wings were sprouting our from his shoulders, blocking the moonlight behind him. His face was practically destroyed. The jaw wasn't even there... chunks of flesh were dropping down.