Reunion

Chapter-40
I thought I'll never see you again...

•.°•Reunion•°.•

~•~

"AN AMBUSH?!" Natsu yells hectically.

Erza uses her palm to shut his mouth. Luckily, Meredy was too far to notice it.

"Calm down, Natsu. This is just a precaution. I don't believe that she would try anything. Lucy was definitely not lying to us... let's believe in her." Erza says pulling her hand back.

Natsu takes some deep breaths to calm down, but it was useless. He became even more restless. Shaking his head wildly, he yells, "BUT I CAN'T-"

"Natsu. Who are you?" Loke asks in between.

"Huh? First answer m-" Natsu was just beginning to yell, but Loke shuts him with a scary glare.

"Who are you?" He asks again.

Natsu takes a gulp and says faintly, "Lucy's celestial spirit."

"Lucy has your key, doesn't she?" Loke asks.

Natsu nods reluctantly.

"Then there you have it. She will summon us if the need arrives." Loke says with a sigh.

"But what if she couldn't...?" Natsu asks. This time, it was just because he couldn't back down to Loke.

"Lucy." Loke starts insisting on every word. "Has gotten much stronger than she was 1 month ago. Along with Wendy, she spent her nights training, leveling up her skills. While you were slacking in the library, she was improving herself."

Natsu lost all his words. He opened his mouth, but closed it again.

"Gray is with her too. Wendy and Happy maybe weakened after this battle with Avatar, but they won't go down without a fight." Erza says rubbing Natsu's head.

Natsu was hating being treated like an immature child. To change the topic, he asked in as normal voice as he could speak out. "That's good and all. But why is Loke here?"

"Huh? You don't like me?" Loke asks mockingly. "I am like your god fat-"

"You bet I don't." Natsu says with a frown.

"Alright, alright. We can talk while walking. After we return from where Natsu wants to take us, we will rush towards Meredy." Erza announces clapping her hands.

"Fine by me." Loke says quickly.

Natsu sighs and starts leading the way. Meredy's group was nowhere to be seen. And Natsu's lead was headed perpendicular to the path that she took. They have to hurry back soon.

"Like I said, why is he here?" Natsu asks, now heavily irritated when Loke tried a punchline on Erza.

"Huh... Alright then. Listen." Loke says adjusting his glasses again. "I need to ask you something."

"Finally." Natsu says, stopping and turning towards Loke.

It was a mistake.

Erza kicked him violently, and yelled. "Don't stop walking."

A threat before murder.

Natsu took one huge gulp and leaped forward, starting to lead again.

Loke was just grateful that he wasn't in the place of Natsu. After clearing his throat, he starts, "Ahem. So, my question is simple. What were you doing in the Celestial Library?"