'Their' Freedom

Chapter-28
The choice of Draculos Hyberion

§_Their Freedom_§

It was noon now. The clouds were hovering in the sky, providing some amount of relief from the sun.

The city of Crocus, being the capital of Fiore, was as busy as ever. Streets were filled with tourists and locals enjoying the beauty of this city.

Everything was normal... except a arrival in the royal palace. The arrival was sudden, but preparations were ready anyways.

It was the arrival of the second emperor of Ishgar, Draculos Hyberion.

It was really new, for a council member to visit the royal household. Mainly because they did things in their own ways, atleast until now. But it's not like they had any rivalry, so it wasn't totally off the window.

"This way, sir." A servant says, bowing down. He was the guide for Hyberion in the royal palace. Right now, they were standing in front of a gate, a gate to a room.

"This room..." Hyberion mumbles and then asks, "Is it the guest house?", keeping his hand on the gigantic metal door. The servant raises his head and nods obediently.

Hyberion nods back and opens the door.

Inside was a sight to admire. It was a guest room like no other.

The room was decorated with plants and vines on the edges and the walls. A giant balcony was on one of it's side, providing the view of the beautiful capital city. Highly decorated sofas were in the center. Only two of them. Glass antiques and retro styled theme added to it's charm.

On one, the king was already sitting, and someone else was standing in his company. Hyberion instantly bows on his knees.

"Sir Toma E. Fiore, I didn't realize that you were here."

"Aha! Don't worry about that!" The king replies with a laugh. The other old man, possibly his acquaintance, looks at him with disappointment. Hyberion stands up and walks towards the sofa.

"So, who might he be?" He asks, gesturing at the man standing beside the king.

"Oh... he is Darton, minister of defence. He is my close alias."

Darton nods, confirming the statements of the king. Hyberion closely observes him. There was something in those eyes... they were sharp, and observant. A bit uncomfortable.

"I see. But I would prefer talking alone." Hyberion says, sitting on the sofa.

"Huh? Wh- Whay?! This is just absurd! At first, you give a short notice for your arrival and then you expect us to follow your terms?!!" Darton yells in anger.

"Your anger is justified. But what I am about to say next isn't some gossip or some type of yearly report. I hope you, being the minister of defense, can understand." Hyberion replies. His voice was formal... but the intent said otherwise.

Darton gets agitated, a bit, at this argument. He was about to say more but the king stops him. "Its alright. Darton is a trusted official. You can relay the information without any worries." He says rubbing his palms.

Hyberion gives a short intimidating glare to Darton and then sighs. "Alright. I hope that this information doesn't leak out to the public."

"That goes without saying." Darton replies loudly, glancing at the door. It was closed.

"I hope so." Hyberion says, still maintaining the dryness in his voice. Darton wasn't able to keep up with these gestures of superiority.

"Haha... please start now. We don't have much time for this unexpected appointment." Toma says quickly, trying to lower the tension.