The Surprise

Chapter-33
Mard's Judgment

•.°The Surprise•°.•

~•~

In the clouds of midnight, there hovers a giant shadow above the clouds. A shadow too dark to be seen in light.

This place is commonly know as the cube. It may look like a simple floating cube, but is actually a living demon. A demon so powerful that in it's wake, lies the despair of calamity.

It shelters the last standing guild of the Balam Alliance, Tartaros.

In the a room, hidden deep inside the cube, rests the king of the underworld, Mard Geer Tartaros.

Mard was sitting on his throne, leaned forward. His chin resting on his palm as his leg provided support to the elbow. He was gazing at the closed door of the room with his dagger sharp eyes. He was anxious.

Outside the door waits three demons. Namely Jackal, Seilah and Larcade.

"Open the door." Seilah whispers to Larcade, a little commanding this time. Larcade doesn't react.

He ignored her for the fifth time now.

He was standing with his palms joined and eyes closed. A smile on his face was ruining his serious aura.

"Ahh! You are gonna open it or not?" Jackal, impatient by all this, mumbles. He couldn't bring himself to yell in front of Mard's room.

Larcade ignores him too. Jackal was just about to grab Larcade's face and snap his eyes open, but Seilah stops him with her curse.

She takes a long step to stand between him and Larcade. Larcade's smile gets a little bigger this time. Seilah sighs and looks at Jackal, who was growling faintly. "You still don't have a vessel  do you? Can you risk fighting him?"

Just as she says it, the curse fades and Jackal turns back normal. His fingers were twitching to blast that look off Seilah's and Larcade's face. But even he knew that if, somehow, he managed to defeat Seilah unscathed, Larcade might still kill him. So, he coped by doing a exaggerated sigh.

"I dont need vessels-... no... humans as an insurance." Jackal replies.

"Don't complain when-" Seilah was just beginning to speak, but Larcade stopped her by keeping his palm on her mouth.

"It's been 3 minutes now." He says, opening his eyes.

"3 minutes what?" Jackal asks, still showing his annoyance towards him.

"The king has been staring at us for 3 minutes now." Larcade replies pulling his hand away from Seilah's mouth and keeping it on the door. "And he is pretty eager to meet us."

Seilah takes a gulp and shifts her gaze towards the monstrous door. For the first time, she felt a chill just by gazing at it.

"Fine. I will do it." Jackal says in between, kicking the door open with a loud explosion. He was so lost in getting ahead of Larcade that for a moment he forgot the person who rests behind this door. "SEE? EASY!"

Larcade smiles and pulls back the hand that was kept on the door.

"Now he has done it." Seilah mutters nervously.

As soon as the door blasts inside, a cluster of vines surround Larcade and Seilah. But some vines from that cluster bind Jackal's arms and legs, lifting him in the air.

"What-?!" Before Jackal could say anything else, some vines shut his mouth close too. The more he tried to struggle, the tighter it got, the deeper those thorns pierced his flesh.