The Tale of the Tragedy-II

Chapter-18
Is this the same Natsu?

|×~Tale Of The Tragedy-II~×|

~•~

Meanwhile, Natsu completes the story of how Lisanna died in front of him. He tells Lucy how he had been carrying the burden of watching his friend die helplessly... because of him.

"Idiot... It isn't your fault." Was the first thing Lucy said.

"..." Natsu didn't reply.

"Don't stress it. Live the life she wanted to give you." Lucy says patting Natsu's back. Natsu smiles a bit because of the cheerful pat from her.

"Say Lucy... promise me that you won't tell this part of the story to anyone."

Lucy sighs. "Is it related to E.N.D? Dont worry, that's a promise."

"Nah... the problem isn't in me being E.N.D... There is a part in this story that I promised not to tell anyone...-"

"Huh? Then why are you telling me?!" Lucy snaps in between.

"You were the one who insisted-"

"You didn't mention the part of not telling it because you have promised someone!" She states.

"Ah... I just don't want to hide it from you anymore... Please don't tell this to anyone!" Natsu pleads joining his hands

Lucy gets a little florid at this statement. She smiles and nods.

Natsu raises his head and nods back cheerfully. After fixing his scarf, he starts,

"Igneel... he was my father. As I have been telling you for years now, he was dragon, a powerful fire dragon at that. But one day, just like Wendy's and Gajeel's, he disappeared. It was the day of 7 July 775.
Igneel was the only family I ever had... Once he disappeared, I was suddenly alone. Everything that I believed in to be my home was gone... it all changed so suddenly..."

Natsu's voice gets softer as he narrates this. In an attempt to comfort him, Lucy keeps her arm around his shoulder. Luckily, Natsu doesn't try to escape Lucy's grip. He continues.

"Next day, gramps found me roaming alone in the forest. Even if I was a complete stranger to him, he treated me well and later introduced me to Fairytail.
He asked me about my family. I told him everything about Igneel from the start. He was the only one who believed me in the whole guild. But even his belief was wavering.

A month passed and I had already scavenged Magnolia in hopes to find Igneel. Everyone told me that dragons died centuries ago... that they don't exist anymore. I did not believe them. I did not want to believe them. I knew Igneel was somewhere out there.

I was so desperate to find him that I never paid attention to the guild at first... but as the first month passed, I made friends. Friends with whom I was happy to be around. Unknowingly after 8 months, I stopped searching for Igneel...

Maybe it was because I made new friends... but that too did not last for long. After a year, that day came to pass, the day on which I was killed." As Natsu says this, Lucy pulls him closer to her. She did not want Natsu to stop again in between. He did not.

"The time when this Seireyu jerk extracted my soul, I felt some resistance. It was intrinsic, coming from inside me... How do I put this... That resistance was trying to save my soul from being extracted but I was weak to support it at that time.

I neither realized what it was back then, nor did I thought much about it. All I knew was I had 1 year more... with nothing but isolation. After I was killed, I spent one month at the guild. I wanted to make sure that they were back to normal...