Natsu Dragneel

Chapter-8
The weight he carried

Natsu Dragneel•░

~•~

Note - From now on, whenever POV CHANGE will be used, know that you are heading in the POV of the story that narrator is narrating. Same ~POV CHANGE~ will be used to exit the POV of the story. Confusing is it? You will understand when you reach there cuz u are awesome.
POV- Point of View (o‿∩)
Also, ignore me if I publish a few chapters by mistake.

"Of coure you are drunk!" Gajeel yells escaping the grip of Levy and Wendy. More like they let him go. Everyone except him were confused and still.

There was a moment of direct stare between Cana and Natsu. Natsu broke first.
"Just let me go back Lucy....." He turns stiffly to Lucy and pleads with unfocused eyes.

Lucy felt pity. She wanted to let him go but she knew it was for the best. "You did not want me to join Fairytail to avoid any interaction with them. Just how much do you plan to run? Face it. It's time." She stands up and hugs Natsu. "Don't worry. I am right here."

"Gee-Hee-Hee-" Gajeel smirks. "Seems you are all talk pink head. Crying like a toddler already. Oh? Want a huggie-dovi-" Levy pulls Gajeel's ear with all her might making him stop.

"Remember what happened 12 years ago? Apparently a boy named Natsu died..." She whispers in his ear. All of them look at Natsu being hugged by Lucy and then at Cana.

Cana was just standing there. She did not move a muscle. She couldn't. It was like a dream, an unreal dream. If she moved only a bit, she will wake up. She wanted this dream to last more...

But Wendy slowly pulls her hand. She whispers in a low tone. "Is he really... Natsu-san?"

This makes Cana really mad. She glares at Wendy and shouts, "Of course he is! What do you think! Pink hair and that damn scarf! You don't think I will forget one of my own guildmate? He and I were in the best buddies until he-..."

Cana stops and starts gasping for air. This really scares Wendy, making her back down, realizing the mental condition Cana was in.

Lucy looks at Cana. She grabs Natsu's hand and walks towards her, dragging him along; Stepping in the water that was spread all over the floor, making silent splashes in her trail. Natsu doesn't resist. He doesn't maintain the eye contact with Cana either, until his head was forcefully turned by Lucy.

Even now, he couldn't look at Cana. He could hear her lips shuttering, her eyes flickering. "I am sorry... Cana", Natsu says looking at his feet.

Cana felt a sudden rage, but it all went away with a sigh. She walks towards him. "You do realize that this mess is beyond all this." She says pulling his chin up with her hand.

Natsu doesn't reply.

"Look me in my eyes." She commands.

Natsu slowly turned his gaze, and then raised his head, looking in her eyes. They were eyes of someone who is as shocked as if they had seen someone become alive again.
Which was precisely the case.

The friend she had seen die in front of her was alive and well, standing in front of her.

Natsu says with shaking lips, taking short breaks in between." I am sorry... please don't tell the guild... I beg you..." His voice broke. His eyes flooded with tears.