Two Friends

Chapter-53
Who is the pawn here?

.°•.•Two Friends•.•°.

~•~

"This

"This... feeling is warm." God Serena whispers, cozily shifting his sleeping position. "Ah... I am dead. That's right. This must be how death feels like..."

However, a voice. A screeching noise was repeatedly disturbing his sleep.

Half awake, God Serena opens one of his eye in annoyance and looks around. There was no one.

Just him, lying in an open field. Above him was darkness... night, a sky full of twinkling stars.

It was beautiful.

This, for some reason, made him smile.

"Pretty, isn't it?"
This voice wasn't his.
God Serena's easy going sleep suddenly breaks.

He jerks his head beside him.

A child? No, two children.

Two children of about 7 years were lying beside God Serena on the soft grass, gazing at the same sky.

God Serena instantly recognized one of them.

"It's me..." God Serena says trying to touch one of those children, the one dressed in a dirty vest and shorts. But his hand passed right through, as if he is an illusion. "The young me..."

"I know." The other child replies. "The stars are really pretty from this field."

"That's right this air... this view, this field... everything resembles my home village." God Serena says, closely looking around, and then at the other child. He was dressed in the same outfit, a vest and shorts. Just much cleaner and tidier.

"Who is he...?" God Serena whispers.

"Say..." The same child says to God Serena's child form. "...will we be able to see them again?"

(Side Note: Let's call this child form/illusion of God Serena as Jr. God Serena because this is getting repetitive.)

"What are you mumbling about." Jr. God Serena asks and stretches his arms. "The stars aren't going to fly away."

The other child smiles and closes his eyes. "Ever thought of what's above this sky?"

"Freedom." Jr. God Serena says raising his fist while still lying flat.

"What am I-" God Serena says, not being able to remember why or if he ever said this bullshit.

"What freedom? There are just stars and clouds, nothing else." The other child asks.

Jr. God Serena smiles and jumps on his feet. He elegantly keeps his hand on his face and says, "I am going to become a god. And a god has all the freedom."