The Betrayal

Chapter-15
Leader Of The Zodiac

°•°|-The Betrayal-|°•°

Lucy, Jellal and Meredy were on their way back to the village back. They chose the path that crossed the forest's to increase their odds of meeting Natsu and Ultear on the way. Loke had already returned to the celestial world.

It's been quite some time now. The decision of choosing the longer path was now being regretted by the trio. Roaming in a tropical rain forest in summers, they surely didn't expected it to be a 'good' choice... did they?

They were sweating heavily, small parasites waiting in their hideouts for a perfect opportunity to taste their blood, especially Lucy's. To make the matters worse, she was the only one with exposed legs. Meredy had a clock to covered hers and Jellal wore full length trousers, which helped them to a great extent

Why is it always her?

"He has a good nose. He would have found us no matter which path we chose." Lucy moans slowly. Jellal does a faint "hmm" as a reply. Meredy slows her pace to walk side by side with Lucy, who was lagging behind.

She leans towards Lucy's ear and then whispers, "I bet he forgot that Natsu has a good sense of smell. But he is trying to act cool by dodging the question."

Lucy slowly shook her head. She wanted to repeat her question but was too tired to do that. She just walks slowly, with Meredy beside her.

"Ah there they are!!!"

Lucy hears a scream. Her ears perk up as she recognizes the voice. At long last, he found them.

She turns around. There he was, grinning like an idiot. But for some reason, it felt nostalgic. Lucy grins back. She looks closely again, her eyes searching for Elvira and Ultear.

As her eyes adjusts themselves, she sees Ultear was behind Natsu. She was walking but Natsu was running. Ah! There is Elvira... holding onto Natsu's hand...?

Lucy jolts back after seeing Natsu running with Elvira's hand in his. Elvira was smiling too. Her sudden jolt makes her bump into Meredy, who was standing behind her.

"Ouch..." Meredy groans in pain holding her nose. Lucy gets flustered. What was she thinking? She turns to Meredy and starts to panic. Nothing came into her mind, all she could do was say half-eaten words that made no sense.

Meredy giggles at Lucy's reaction and then taps her shoulder, "It's alright. Don't freak out!" Even Jellal smiles after seeing Lucy's reaction. This makes Lucy more flustered.

Lucy then feels another tap on her shoulder. It was much heavier. Now her face was visibly red. She turns around to find Natsu's group was already behind her.

"Hey Luce... hey wait why are you red?" Natsu asks with curiousity. His smile turns into a toothy grin. "Don't tell me you need to pee-"

"WRONG!!!" Lucy yells kicking him in his face. He flies into the forest.

"That was brutal." Elvira says, giggling too. It looked so natural... the one that they hadn't seen since they met her. She really did changed after all.

Lucy takes a quick scan of her surroundings. It was cheerful environment. Everyone, including Jellal, was either smiling or giggling. Lucy starts to giggle too. Even she found her actions funny and idiotic now.

"It is not funny." Natsu yells, removing leaves and sticks of the bush he was thrown in. He breathes heavily to calm down and then looks around. "Wait? Where are they? Where is Happy and Loke?"