Prison

Chapter-44
Minerva Orlad

.°.Prison.°.•

~•~

"You are quite funny, aren't you?" Gray asks sarcastically.

"Huh?" Minerva whispers, walking towards the fairies boldly. "I am not the type to joke around ."

"Like you could ever put a scratch on Erza." Gray smirks, throwing off his cloak and shirt. "Your strategy of breaking our will with petty lies won't work."

"That's right... even if she is Minerva... capturing Erza will be harder than anything." Laki says keeping her hands on Wendy's shoulders, trying to boost the spirit of Wendy. "And oh, Mira, Lucy and Carla are there too, no? This is obviously a bluff."

"But Lucy-San is alone..." Wendy whispers. She then raises her head and looks at Laxus, "But more importantly, Mira-San is not in escorting party... she was with team 2..."

Laxus sighs and crosses his arms. "Don't look at me like that. I have no clue about her, Elfman, Freed and all since our arrival in this town, which was few hours ago."

"Well, it can't be helped then." Minerva shrugs. "Guess I need to send you all to them, the filthy prison where you belong."

Seeing all people around him, ready to fight and confident, Max took a gulp and yelled, "YEAH RIGHT?! I BET IT WOULD BE LESS FILTHY THAN THIS PLACE IS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF YOU!!!"

And there was silence.

Max's excitement turned into fear as Minerva tilted her face. "Come again?"

His eyes trembled as he got a real hard slap on his back. But it calmed down as that pain was followed by a laugh.

"Looks like you really would bleed without speaking." Laki says, barely stopping herself from laughing. "Surrender in the presence of the greatest filth, Minerva Orland!"

Gray wheezed and gave Max a thumbs up. "Nice one, Max."

Wendy's giggles were pretty audible. Even Laxus smiled for once. Max's scared face lit up with confidence again. The tension in the minds of those wizard got giggled out with soft hums.

"So, making some puns is all you are about?" Minerva asks in a cold voice, enveloping her wrists with her spatial magic.

But this time, Max didn't hesitate. Sand enveloped him as he said, "Guys... let me handle this women..."

Laki sighed and took her maker stance. "Can't let you sound that cool alone... can I?"

"Max-San... Laki-San..." Wendy whispered with a smile. To think that Max and Laki would challenge a wizard like Minerva... everyone has traveled a long way in those past 3 months...

"Don't take too long." Gray says lower in his maker stance. Laxus just stood there, like he had from past some minutes with his arms crossed.

"Oh? Being cocky, are we?" Minerva asks joining her hands.

"Laki... let's hit her with our best..." Max said as sand formed a gigantic dome, enclosing everyone including Minerva.

"You don't have to tell me that." Laki replied. As she did, wood rose from the ground, covering her body in the shape of a think armor. The wood kept coming, and the armor just kept on getting larger...

Max smiled and looked at Minerva. "Any last wo-"

And that was it.

Without any warning, Max and Laki instantly disappeared from that area. No trace, nothing. Nothing was left, except the sand that was raining down from the sky, deprived of the magic that it's caster used on it. The wooden stems that were growing out of the ground stopped too. The armor was gone along with Laki.