Strange Passerby

Chapter-41
The criminals he ignored

°.•Strange Passerby•.°•

~•~

"Hyberion..." Jellal whispers slowly as Meredy lurked beside him.

He tries to walk towards Hyberion, but Ultear gives him an ugly look making him stop at his spot.

"How's life outside prison been, Jellal?" Hyberion asks walking towards Jellal. His voice was as sharp as ever. "Looks a bit rough."

"Whoa. You too. Calm your steps, honorable wizard saint." Ultear says stepping in front of Jellal. "We are in a bit hurry, you see."

"Ul..." Meredy whispers slowly.

"Oh? Too bad... I have a lot of time on my hands today." Hyberion says, still walking towards them with the same pace.

"Well then..." Ultear sighs, taking a fighting stance. "...we gotta do something about that."

"Ultear! Don't fight him head on!" Jellal yells in a weak voice.

"...Seems like it is one on one then... huh?" Hyberion asks, finally stopping, at a distance from Ultear. "You sure?"

Ultear gives Jellal an assuring nod and then looks at Hyberion. "Fair, isn't it?"

Hyberion raises his eyebrows as Ultear says this and then laughs a little. "No... any fight in which powers of two sides isn't on the same level is not fair."

"That's some noble logic." Ultear smiles. "So... are you going to bring in a referee or what?"

"Don't intimidate him..." Meredy says in a low tone. Ultear just grins it off.

"Referee huh? My magic... it can kill any human with guarantee. But well, you are still alive. Pretty contradicting, isn't it?" Hyberion says. He started taking small steps towards Ultear too.

Ultear loosens up a little, but still had her guard up. With a cold glare, she asks, "Why are you here?"

"Just some talk, as a stranger passing by." Hyberion says, finally stopping after reaching the trio. "I have been searching for you three..."

"Ha! Aren't we famous?" Ultear says sarcastically, stepping back towards Jellal and Meredy.

"So, you want us to listen what you have to say?" Jellal asks.

"Yes." Hyberion replies sternly.

"That's crazy from every angle you look at it." Ultear says loudly. "It's a trap, I bet."

Hyberion sighs and coughs to clear his voice. "To be frank, we can go at it any time you want. But the end result is inevitable. You will lose and get locked in the prison the council. A-"

Huberion pauses. He reconsiders his words, but then says it with a smile, "We are already on the brink of the dark age. The council will fall again in the near future. There is no point in capturing the most wanted criminals, or destroying the dark guild members right now."

"Fall and dark age... huh? That's an interesting vision you have for the council." Ultear says.

Hyberion sighs again. "I am here for a request."

"A request?" Jellal whispers.

"Yes. A request that you three must fulfill without fail." Hyberion says. His voice wasn't commanding as usual... it was faint and weak.