Chapter 5 - I Talk to a Boy Band Member

“Hi” he said.

I lowered my magazine and looked at him, I could feel my face getting red, "H-Hello," I replied nervously, “Aren’t you the girl from yesterday?” he asked with a sympathetic smile.

Oh god those dimples! “Y-yesterday?” I replied, pretending not to remember “Yeah, we kind of…met I guess, remember? George” he said raising his hand.

“Oh, yes George.” I answered shaking it. Wow, those were some smooth hands, I wondered if he used some kind of moisturizer.

“And you?” he asked “Me?” I replied awkwardly “Your name!” he laughed, “Oh, yeah, my name totally forgot I had one! I’m Laura” I answered him with a crooked smile and raising my hand one more time, “I’m George, again!” he laughed shaking my hand. “Mind if I sit?” “No problem, but I guess you’re friends at the table will miss you” I said looking over, the 3 other boys from yesterday that were with George were now sitting at the same table he had just left.

“Oh it’s only 10am, rehearsals are only in an hour anyway” he responded sitting by my side “Rehearsals?” I asked curiously “Yeah, I’m in the X factor!” he smiled proudly, “Everyone keeps talking about this X factor thing, but I never heard about it” I admitted “How could you not hear about it?” he laughed surprised “Well, we don’t have it in Brazil.” I explained “Are you Brazilian?”he asked “Yep, speak fluent Portuguese” I answered “That’s so cool! I’ve always wanted to go to Brazil!” “And I’ve always wanted to go to London and here I am!” I smiled “And you've never heard of it? So let me tell you about the X factor!” he said.

We spent the next hour talking about lots of things, how the beaches in Rio were beautiful and that the heat was almost unbearable some days. But mostly, George explained me about the X factor. How he started as a solo act in the auditions and got through, but in bootcamp was eliminated, yet he was called back to join a group to enter the judges houses and now they were through to live shows. “And what’s your group’s name again?” I asked him “Union J” he replied “I’ve always wanted to be part of a boy band anyway” “And now you’re in a famous one” I pointed out, remembering the screaming girls and flashing lights “Well, sort of I guess, we’re only in week 2 though” he replied “I’m sorry for the fans, sometimes they can be a little…aggressive” “Yeah, I remember” I laughed.

We kept on talking about their music choice and his mentor Louis Walsh, when another cute boy (England stop that, you already have loads of attractive boys here, you could send some of those Greek gods to other countries too) with blue eyes and a brunette quiff came to talk to George “Hey mate, it’s almost eleven, we need to go” he said, then looked at me “Sorry to interrupt, by the way I’m Josh” “Hi, I’m Laura, no problem” I answered, blushing a little bit.

“Oh I totally lost track of time, I need to go, rehearsals you know” he rolled his eyes playfully “That’s right, famous people rehearse” I laughed. He hugged me goodbye (THAT’S RIGHT I GOT A HUG, BE JEALOUS) and we exchanged numbers “Bye Laura” he smiled leaving the table “Text me, nice talking to you” “Bye George, you too! Go do your superstar stuff” I responded waving him goodbye. I couldn’t believe it, I had met this amazing cute boy and he got my number, telling me to text him! I could pass out right now but I wasn’t sure if he had already left the hotel or not, so I tried to keep my composure by just ordering another orange juice instead of fainting on the restaurant’s floor.