Chapter 88 - I Whale You

THEN:

It all happened in flashes. A bunch of boo's came from the crowds. Dermot's disappointed face. James looking relieved but then sad. Ella hugging James, doing a small speech and turning to leave.

I breathed in so deeply it felt like the whole world was going to cave in.

But I didn't allow myself to shed another tear.

The sadness within me was already very much displayed and I had a promise to keep to myself. No more tears.

Yet, the other contestants were sobbing. Rylan was in a state of so much emotion and desperation it was heartbreaking "It should have been me" he sniffed in Josh's shoulder who was silent but I saw the tear slipping from his eyes.

Jaymi was inconsolable, bottom lip trembling and red shot eyes. It hurt to even look at him but I took a long stride and he launched himself in my arms, and we held ourselves in look for comfort.

George was the first one to hug Ella when she entered backstage. Another heart shattering scene.

Boyfriend and best friend crying. I hugged Jaymi tighter to stop myself from doing the same.

And when Ella finally came up to hug me I couldn't help but ask "Why aren't you crying?" she sniffled in response, but her silence was no less than an answer "You knew" I concluded "You knew you were going out".

I felt her nod on my shoulder and her body shaking.

"Are you staying?" I asked her "In London?"

"Are you?" she returned. 

And we both kept quiet.

NOW:

"It won't be the same without her" he sighs.

"I know"

"Everyone's mood is going to be shit from now on" he covers his face in his hands.

"You can't let that happen, you can't backtrack. I know it hurts but it's a competition, you guys need to pull it through" I take one of his hands and intertwine our fingers.

"You sure you want to do that?" George eyes our hands.

"My parents already know, what's the big deal?"

"The rest of the world doesn't know"

"And your point is...?"

"Ella had a hell of a time dealing with our fans just because of the stupid dating rumors between us, I don't want you to go through the same" he squeezes my hand.

"I'll delete twitter" 

"No, I like your twitter" he protests.

"Because of the innuendos?" I guess.

"Yeah, it's displayed for the whole world to see but only we know what it means" George smirks.

"The my new favorite colour is red was a real killer" I chuckle, remembering that I told him about the time I spent New Year's Eve in Spain and the tradition was to wear red panties during the year's passage.

"Do you still have them?"

"Maybe" I tease him knowing he means the red panties.

"You could show me them someday" he suggests as I lean towards him, only the table separating us.

"In your dreams" I say, inches from his lips.

"Way ahead of you, babe" George replies before leaning further and stealing a kiss.