Chapter 76 - I'm Not Stubborn

This time we didn’t take the train much to my dislike. 

But planes were cool too and faster though, so we arrived a day earlier. One day before my birthday.

During the flight I was finally able to talk to Ella.

"Ok, now that we're alone, I want to know everything" she demanded "Spill it out"

"Hum, I don’t know how to start"

"When did it happen?"

"What did happen?"

"The first time you got together, duh" she rolls her eyes "Like your first kiss"

"That day we went to the park and Josh strained his ankle" I respond.

"Oh, so it’s been a while. But why did you keep it a secret again?"

"I already told you" I sigh "My parents, they can’t know"

"Oh, yeah, I remember now. I don’t think you wanna discuss this subject further" she looks at me and I nod "Give me a summary of everything then"

I go back to my first days in London. My first week when I met George and soon his friends, the movie night cuddle and his attempt to kiss me. I can’t help but cringe to the memory of me backing away from him and slamming the door on his face. Ugh.

But that was the past and now his lips have already touched mine more times than I can count.

I reminisce about the many times we almost kissed but didn’t. When we were at the party in Rylan’s room and the blonde girl who I thankfully haven’t seen or heard from showed up and made me cry.

Thinking further about it now, I realize there are still have unresolved issues and questions involving that girl, but I think it’s best if I don’t spend the time I have left here by worrying about some blonde bimbo.

I should’ve beaten her slutty ass instead of crying like the baby I become when I’m drunk.

My mind continues to wonder through the memories. Hundreds of messages sent and replied, the twitter innuendos, compliments and snaps that we both had shared publicly with our followers.

It’s unbelievable to see how much has happened through the course of a month. These 31 days have easily changed my life and I think about how boring everything was before England, the X factor and especially, George.

I want to stay realistic and calm about this. Don’t overthink it, though is hard and I feel lost. It’s hard to have feelings about something but not be sure about it.

I don’t want to remember my dream and especially believe in it. That is not George, that is my subconscious being the prick it is. I don’t know if George loves me but I know that soon enough I’ll have to tell him that I do.

When we land I find myself wishing I had spent the flight next to George, but god knows how our proximity would hint too much of the relationship between us.

"Laura!" my aunts arms engulf me in a tight hug when we cross the airport’s doors.

"I missed you so much, how was it?" she asks.

"It was… I don’t even have words for it" I respond truthfully.

"Oh, good, very good" she smiles, but there was something in her eyes that didn’t meet the curve on her lips.

"Laura, are you coming with us?" Ella asks before greeting Amelia with a hug.

"Are you taking care of her?" my aunt questions the contestant.