Chapter 96 - Journey's End

"What’s all this clapping going on here?" the voice is weak and my stomach drops.

It drops in relief.

I turn around to see my aunt with her eyes open and a smug smile on her face. 

"You two thought you were gonna get rid of me, innit?"

"A-amelia" a sob cuts through me.

"You bitch" my mom cries before standing up to hug her sister "You almost killed me of worry!"

"Actually sis, I was almost killed, but guess who’s back and ready to party?" she smirks.

"Ready to party? You’ve got two broken ribs and you were in a coma!"

"A coma? Oh well, I could still rock it in a wheelchair" Amelia shrugs then winces "Okay, maybe not"

"Oh god, I was so worried"

"How long was I asleep?" she asks.

"Like a month more or less"

"Shit, I lost so many episodes of Doctor Who"

"She just woke up from a coma and she’s worried about that" my mother rolls her eyes.

"But thank you" my aunt smiles "For being here. You too" she points at me "I want a hug from my favorite niece"

"I’m your only niece" I laugh, carefully wrapping my arms around her.

"It’s the thought that counts" Amelia winks.

-

After that we call the doctors and they come in with some nurses. They check my aunt’s vitals and conclude she still needs to stay in the hospital for a week to recover from her other injuries.

"A week?!" Amelia gasps "Look Mr.Doctor I appreciate you saving my life and all but a week is too much, I’ve gotta go back to work"

"May I remind you you’ve had a skull fracture, Ms.Carter, so when I say a week of rest it’s a week of rest".

"The doctor’s right Am, you’re gonna stay in that bed or I’m gonna tie you to it" my mom threatens.

"Like you do with your husband?" Amelia smirks.

"What?! Mom!" I exclaim.

"Oh my god" my mom hides her face in her hands "That was one time!"

"I really really didn’t need to to know that" I mumble.

"Your face! Priceless!" Amelia cackles loudly and then starts coughing "Jesus, fucking lungs"

"You shouldn’t laugh too hard, your ribs are still healing" the doctor points out.

"Fine, I’ll stay here, but somebody get me a phone, I need to make some calls" she agrees.

-

After that is settled Amelia fights my mother in letting me stay with the excuse of having a free worker for her coffee shop but she only gets a deal that allows me to stay until next Friday. My mom would leave on Monday and I would catch a flight alone.

It was Saturday. Amelia had woken up 4 hours ago and George had finished performing, I texted him saying my aunt was okay but he hadn’t texted me back, I just assumed he was busy.

I assumed wrong.

From: George Shelley