Chapter 67 - Lydia Wasn't Looking For Me

When we arrive at the Xtra Factor studios I feel relief when they tell me to go to a room where a certain District3 member is not.

I say my goodbyes to Ella and the rest of the contestants and gladly walk to Richard's Holloway office.

"Laura!" he greets me.

"Hello Mr.Holloway" I smile shyly.

"Take a seat, dear" the man gestures to a chair in front of his table "So, how are things? How is the job?"

"Everything is great, I love it" I respond sincerely.

"Awesome" he grins "Our researchs show us you are quite a charismatic person, but you need to improve your social network skills"

"How?" I arch an eyebrow, what is he talking about?

"Oh, you know" he says "Tweet more, create an instagram, vine, all that stuff. Keep pictures and gossip coming"

"Gossip?"

"I mean, make the show interesting" he flashes a creepy smile "Make people wonder what's happening between the contestants"

"Hum, okay..." I reply. 

Show business wasn't about the truth, it had more to do with what people wanted to see rather than what they really were seeing.

"Great" Mr.Holloway claps his hands "One more thing before you go, I have a surprise for you"

"For me?" 

"And the rest of the contestants too" he smirks "You are all going to Eurodisney!"

"W-what?" I stutter, I don't think my ears are working.

"Eurodisney honey!" the producer grins "Disneyland in Paris"

"Seriously?" WHAT THE FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

"Of course!" he laughs "Why would I lie to you? This is part of the X factor contestants journey, they all go to there to promote the show and themselves, they're gonna do some performances too"

"Wow" I am really really surprised "I never knew that was part of my contract!"

"Oh, it isn't" he replies.

"How so?" I feel taken back.

"Olly Murs it's on his way to LA right now, he's promoting his new CD in America and we needed someone to present the Xtra factor in Paris with Caroline" he clarifies "And that's where you come in"

"Olly's gone?" I don't want him feeling like I took his place.

"No, no, he'll be back" the man in the suit assures me "He's just gone for the week, you'll replace him on this occasion only"

"Oh, right" I nod and smile.

"You are very lucky, Ms.Carter" he says "You weren't suppose to go to Paris but your ticket has already been bought" 

"You already bought it?" I gulp "But I haven't even talked to my aunt about this"

"Do you want to go?" he questions me.

"Yes..." I admit. Come on who wouldn't?

"Then you will go, aren't you turning 18 next week?"

"How do you know that?" I ask, tensing up a bit.

"Oh, Ms.Carter" he smiles "Do you really think we would hire a person and not have her personal informations?"

"You have a point" I reply "But Amelia-"

"Relax, everything's been arranged" he interrupts me "We'll e-mail your aunt the dates, the hotel, how many days, every single thing, she will have nothing to worry about"