Chapter 56 - Sugarscape

I was stupid enough to run away from George before asking him where the green room was, he could have easily told me but no, I was an idiot that forgot to ask him. Still, I got lucky and found it. I entered on the room to see Jahmene sitting on the sofa.

"Jahmene! What are you doing here? The Xtra Factor crew was going crazy looking for you!" I said.

"Me? I arrived 20 minutes ago! Lydia was crazy looking for you" he replied.

Oh well, time goes by so fast when you're making-out with your boyfriend in a closet.

"Shit" I mumbled trying to look for my phone to contact her.

"Shit indeed missy" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see her with a not very pleasant face.

"H-hi Lydia" I smiled awkwardly.

"Where were you?!" she didn't bother to greet me back.

"I...I got lost!" I defended myself.

"How come? You said you knew where the green room was!"

"I thought I did, but turns out I didn't!" I replied.

"Laura, Laura" she sighed "Don't be late again, otherwise it may cost both our jobs!".

"I won't be again, I promise".

"I hope you intend to keep that promise" Lydia said "But for now, let's just be grateful that you arrived and wrap the boy's interviews up".

It took us 10 minutes to interview Jahmene. Everything went well despite the time. Now there was only one interview to be done, the worst of them all.

-

I sat in the chair and smiled to the lady in front of me. She was pretty and very well-dressed, she had cards on her lap, a microphone in her hands and a camera was being put by her side, facing me.

"Laura Carter" she smiled back and extended her arm "Very nice to meet you, I'm Elizabeth Cox". 

"Nice to meet you too Elizabeth" I shook her hand.

"So" she said fixing the microphone "You know why we're here right?"

"Hum, I guess" was my response.

"We want to make emends with you, for all that little twitter thing, George thing, X factor thing blablabla, you know"

"Right" I said "And how this will work exactly?"

"It's very simple, I'll do all the talking first and let the viewers know the situation" Elizabeth explained "Then I'll ask about your journey till here, a proper interview, and after a Q&A basically, I'm sure you have already done it"

"Me? No. This is my first time being interviewed" I responded "But I did 3 Q&A's with the contestants this morning"

"Nice, may I ask with whom exactly?" 

"Nicole's group" I replied "The boys"

"Oh, I love them, definitely one of my favorite categories this year" she said.

"Yeah, me too" I smiled.

"But not your favorite favorite right?" her eyes sparkled "I thought you were more interested in the groups".

"Well..." I blushed, knowing what she meant with that.

"Oh, don't tell me now!" she interrupted "Let's leave it for the interview! Microphone and camera are ready, can we start?"

"Hum, yeah, sure" I nodded. She looked at the man with the camera who returned to her with a thumbs up.

"Hello everyone! We are here today with the lovely and newest member of the Xtra Factor crew, Laura Carter!" Elizabeth introduced me.