Chapter 37 - Ella Henderson Is A Little Bit Angry At Me

I left the Xtra Factor Studios at 9am on that Monday. Hungry, sleepy, but most of all, employed.

Yes, I was now working for Richard Holloway and the rest of the Xtra Factor producers. Although I didn’t make any money, I had benefits. Free tickets. gift baskets, appearances on tv, interviews, a kind of fame…I guess.

My aunt wasn’t really happy about it, she wanted me to have a normal trip experience. I tried to convince her that I was enjoying myself and all was good, but she just told me to call my mother and see what her opinion was:

- Hello? - I heard a familiar voice

- Hi mom - I said

- Hey sweetie, how’s everything going?

- Hum, everything is great…I just need to tell you a few things.

We spent almost 2 hours on the phone. C’mon, who’s gonna let their underage kid work on a TV show on a foreign country? My mom was threatening to come pick me up in London, but for my surprise Amelia intervened. She took the phone off my hands, went to the hall and 15 minutes later, everything was fine again. I don’t know what my aunt said to her, I wasn’t able to hear anything behind the door, but it must have been good.

After that we both sat down and agreed on some things. “You’ll need an agent, someone who can take care of you and your business stuff, interviews and apperances, that sort of thing” she said, “Right, who you’re thinking of?” I asked “I have one person in mind” “Who?” “Myself” she responded “You?” “When I was younger, I managed a friend’s band for a few months as a favour, I turned out to be a really good agent, but I quit after a while” “Why?” I asked “It wasn’t really my thing, I don’t know” she replied, “Well anyway it would be great if you could manage me, I’m totally up for it” I agreed “Then we are settled”.

On that afternoon I decided to tell someone the news:

- Hey Laura - she picked up

- Hi Ella

- What’s up? How was the meeting? Did they apologize?

- Hum, not really…- I responded

- So what happened?

Within minutes she knew everything.

- Oh. My. God. - she said

- Yeah, I know…

- This is AMAZING! I’m so happy and excited for you!

- Really? - I asked

- Of course! We’re gonna be working together and I’m gonna see you every week, it will be awesome!

- Oh, I haven’t thought about it that way.

- Picture the fun we’ll have, seriously, how can you not be excited?! - I could feel the thrill in her voice

- Hum, I don’t know…I was worried about the whole George situation too

- For the love of god, just go talk to him!

- It’s not as simple as you think Ella - I said

- Yes it is! You’re afraid of getting hurt but you still like him. So all you guys do is make-out, then ignore each other! So wrong, just date already!

- Woah, I don’t ignore him okay?

- Admit that you both do it, you avoid each other since things are weird - she stated

- That’s the reason we don’t talk, things are weird!

- I’m really getting tired of this Laura. Jaymi and I have told you already, if things are weird work it out. Talk to him!

- There is nothing to talk about Ella! He doesn’t like me anymore, you heard him saying, just friends.

- Do you really think he meant that? - she asked

- Well, I guess so - I replied

- Gosh Laura, you’re so naive!

- What?!

- Oh you know what! Don’t say that I didn’t warn you!

- Ok, I won’t say that - I responded

- Good - she replied

- Good

- I’m a little bit angry at you right now…sorry, can we talk face-to-face tomorrow?

- I know Ells, I’m the one who should be sorry, it’s just that this is difficult for me! Everything is new and strange…

- I understand that, but tomorrow we’ll discuss it ok?

- Ok - I sighed.

And we both hanged up.

Amelia was out at the coffe shop, so I was alone at the hotel. I decided to go to the restaurant and eat something. Food always make everything better.

I wasn’t in the mood of meeting anybody and luckily Ella told me all the contestants were at rehearsails. But against all odds, on my way downstairs I bumped into one of them.

AN: Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you all for the 6,000 reads, the many votes and lovely comments from the most perfect readers ever! Also an update; I have a test next friday so I won't be able to post through the week, so I'm gonna write chapter 38 this friday and post it right away, then you have a bit more to go on. Hope you like chapter 37! xx