Chapter 24 - A Crazy Day

Have you ever been pushed by dozens of screaming fans, lost in a crowd of girls, in front of your hotel and all of this in a foreign country? Well, I have. And if you stop to think about it, probably most of the celebrities in the world also had this experience. But what happens next? Some autographs signed, pictures taken and then security contains the fans, you enter in the limousine and go do whatever famous people do in their U$3 million dollar mansions.

But let me tell you about my situation. A Brazilian, 17-year-old girl, not famous, not rich and didn’t hired  any security guards to help her (cause she never thought she would need some). Yet, she also never thought she would get to meet a famous boy band or be friends with them. And don’t forget to mention; even kiss one of them.

Ok, now let’s stop with all the narration in third person and continue the damn story.

Yes, yes, you’re all aware I’m lost in a crowd of fangirls. But what do I expect? Be trampled by them, yelled at or even slapped by some. Yet, no, somebody saved me. Who? Wow, that’s an ironic situation. I was rescued from the fans of Union J, by ¼ of that same boy band. George Freaking Shelley, he just grabs my hand and make his way through the crowd till the entrance of the hotel. And can I point out that he did all of this holding my hand.

And you know, that wouldn’t be a problem. No, of course not, it would be actually delightful. And it was, if it wasn’t for the fans and the paparazzi. They all saw us together, took thousands of pictures, I felt the flashing lights, I heard people asking “Who is that?” “Is that George’s girlfriend?” “He’s mine! Let go off him bitch!”

When we finally crossed the doors of the Corinthia. We just stood there, gasping for air after that crazy mess. I noticed we were still holding hands and I blushed. George saw my face and let go of my hand “I’m sorry for that” he said “That whole situation, again” “No problem, I think I’m use to it now” I responded “I don’t think I’ll ever get use to it” he replied “Anyway, I need to go” “But George-“I tried to say “I’ll text you later okay?” he said biting his lip and running to the elevators, leaving the girl he had just kissed alone in the lobby.

-

After shopping with famous people, having a boy band member say you look good on twitter, kissing George Shelley, telling George Shelley you kissed another guy, being pushed by his fans, rescued by him and then having him running away from you; all you need is a bath.

You know the bathroom, that place where you suddenly become a philosopher, your mind runs around and you discover the meaning of life; then change to a rock star doing a concert with your fellow band members the shampoo, soap and conditioner. After my long shower I wrapped my hair in a towel and collapsed in the bed. I was just laying there, thinking about what a crazy day I had, when I heard someone at the door.

“Hey” Amelia said coming in “How was your day?” she asked, “Hum…what can I say? Hanging out with famous people is just a joy” I replied “You don’t sound that great for someone who had a good time” she pointed out “Seems like you noticed my sarcasm” I said “It runs in the family” she laughed “Do you wanna tell me all about it on the restaurant or shall I order chinese food?” my aunt asked “Chinese food sounds lovely” I answered.

We ate dinner in bed, I wanted to eat my noodles while watching Doctor Who but Amelia insisted me to tell her everything first. And I did. Everything was going great, when I arrived at the part where I had to tell her about Alex.

“So…hum, George and I kissed, but I pulled him away” I said “WHY?!” she asked “You’re crazy about him!” “Because I kissed Alex” I said bluntly. Her jaw dropped and I started explaining “I mean, he kissed me. He kissed me first. And I couldn’t fool George, I needed to tell him that before anything else happens” Amelia slowly closed her mouth “Well at least you did the right thing. But I can’t believe you snog my employee!” “Hey, he’s my coworker too!” I said “I forgive you, but the question is, do you like him?” she asked “He’s beautiful, you know that and very nice too. But I like George” I admitted.

“So you just need to do what Ella and Jaymi told you. Talk to him, work things out” she said “You two been avoiding the conversation, less kissing more talking, otherwise he’ll be hurt! Or worse, both we’ll be hurt!” “I know…” I sighed “And what about Alex? You need to do some talking with him too” Amelia stated the obvious “But I don’t wanna hurt him” I pouted “Well, you kind of have to” my aunt said “I don’t think I can do this, I don’t know how. I never broke up with anyone” “Look, I can buy you some time. I can make sure your shift hours are uneven so you won’t have to see him in the shop” she suggested “That seems like a good idea, I don’t want to do this while working” I agreed “But I can’t do this forever, so man up as soon as you can and make things right, ok Laura?” she said “Ok” I responded, trying to sound confident. And my voice came out like I wanted, but my mind was failing at it.