Chapter 19 - Famous People Give Me An Earful

“Jaymi” I said “I can explain” “Yeah, you better do” he replied sitting on the the other bed “But before, let me tell you what I saw” I gulped in guilt and responded “Ok…” “So there was I with Ella at the hall, waiting for you to come back. You know I was pretty drunk, but I always remember things, no matter how drunk I am. I’m no hungover shit amnesia.” he narrowed his eyes looking at me “We were there waiting, but you were taking too long so I told Ella to go back to the party while I went downstairs to look for you. Ok, pretty Jaymi, responsible Jaymi, drunk Jaymi, arrived at the lobby but no sight of Laura or mysterious Laura’s friend Alex” “Why are you talking in third person Jaymi?” Ella asked.

“No interruptions please” he replied “Continuing, I thought, maybe she is outside, saying goodbye to him or stuff, so I went outside, but what did I see? No Laura, no Alex on the front of the hotel, just this couple next to the bus stop snogging like mad” he paused to clear his throat “Then I look closely, I see the clothes the girl is wearing and I think wow her skirt is really nice! It looks just like Ella’s and that ankle boot is the same as Lucy’s! And then I realize, it was Ella’s skirt and it was Lucy’s ankle boot and the girl who was kissing that, by the way very cute guy, was Laura” “Jaymi, I was drunk…” I tried to tell him “And I felt bad. But not for me, I have a boyfriend. For George, he likes you so much and there you were sucking the face of a boy who isn’t him!” he said ignoring me.

“Jay, cut her some slack, she knows what she’s done, she regrets it” Ella said defending me “You better regret it Laura!” he said “And you are gonna tell him!” “I am going to tell him, not only about this kiss, but about everything, I’m gonna tell him the whole truth and everything will workout fine ok?” I explained

I knew I sounded confident. But I wasn’t. I was scared. If his/my friends reacted that way, I couldn’t even picture how he would react. I didn’t know how to work things out, I was lost.

He saw the sadness in my eyes and soften up a little, ”I hope they do baby, I really do” Jaymi said hugging me ”But if you don’t tell him, I will, ok?” he said “Ok, don’t worry, he will know” I said letting go of him “What a mess!” I jumped on the bed “Can I stay over?” I asked Ella “You don’t even need to ask” she said heading to the bathroom “Let’s have a sleepover! Can I stay too?” Jaymi clapped his hands in excitement “Of course silly!” she responded.

I sent a text to Amelia so she wouldn’t worry. We spent the night laughing, watching reruns of Friends and eating chocolate. After all that fighting about the kiss with Alex at least I knew one thing. As scared as I was, I knew I needed to tell George and I was going to.

-

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing:

Work time! - I heard when I picked up

Amelia? - I asked

Do you know another one? - She joked

Actually I do - I responded giggling - But she’s 6 years old.

Very funny. So, are you coming or not?

To the coffee shop? - I shivered to the thought of having to see Alex

Where else? - she replied

Ah - I sighed - I’m kind of tired…

Hungover from last night? - she suggested

No, of course not! I’m 17 Amelia!

Well, I was 17 once too darling and I know what 17 year-olds like to do.

I believe you are very wise on that matter. But can I go tomorrow? I’ll make it up for today! - I promised

Ok, you’re lucky we share some DNA or else you would already be fired!

Seriously?

No, I’m a nice boss I would let you take a day off - she replied

- I knew it - I laughed

See you at lunch?

At 12 on the restaurant? - I proposed

It’s a date - she responded - Bye dear.

Bye Amelia - I said hanging up.

I took a deep breath and then noticed, I wasn’t in my room, it was Ella’s room. I remembered we had joined the 2 beds so the three of us would sleep together. On my right Ella Henderson was sleeping peacefully and by my left Jaymi Hensley was snoring. I was between two famous singers, that was the closest of fame I would ever get. Except maybe the almost kiss with George.

George…I thought smiling, but then I remembered that blonde bitch and I felt anger. Then suddenly I heard a phone’s ring, but it wasn’t mine, I looked over and saw it was Jaymi’s. And in the screen there was a message:

From: George Likes Bananas

Hey, where are you mate?