Chapter 45 - Oh, Fuck

Music blasts into my ears.

“Don’t you worry, don’t you worry child

See heaven’s got a plan for you

Don’t you worry, don’t you worry now

Yeah!”

The club is crowded with people. Some are dancing, some are making-out in a corner, some are sitting at tables and some are at the bar.

Like Rylan Clark and Lucy Spraggan.

“Where’s the birthday boy?” Ella asked “Where do you think?” I rolled my eyes and pointed at the bar.

“Shots, shots, shots, everybody!” Rylan singed and took one. Ella and I walked over to the balcony “Is that tequila?” I poked him on the shoulder “Laura!” he turned around and hugged me “Happy birthday Ry!” I hugged him back.

“Ella!” he wrapped his arms around her and me “I’m so happy you both came!” “We wouldn’t miss it for the world!” she grinned.

“Loved your costume by the way” I pointed out. Dressed as a football player, his uniform consisted on a black cropped shirt and beige pants. A little bit of fake blood on his neck and black stripes on his cheeks. “Oh thanks dear! And what can I say about yours? You can never go wrong with a sexy witch!” he said.

“And if you haven’t noticed, I’m a cat!” Ella showed her tiara “Oh god, I almost didn’t recognized you” Lucy joked “Shut up you pumpkin” Ella grimaced at her “Indeed I am one” she replied turning around, showing us her squash look with black leggings on and an orange hat, “I see your costume is far more practical” “Pumpinks are awesome, I’m a tasty one” she responded.

“Let’s have more shots!” Rylan shouted “Girls, we’re sitted there, we’ll bring the shots in a minute” Lucy pointed to a table full of X factor contestants, between them, George.

I gulped. He seemed to be having fun, laughing with the rest of the boys. Looking so handsome, even with a little bit of blood on his face.

Ella and I walked over to the table “Hey everyone” I greeted “Are there any seats left?” “Ella! Laura!” Jaymi hugged us “C’mon, sit here” they got a couple of chairs. I sat right in front of George. I looked at him and smiled “Hi” he grinned back “Hi”. 

“You’re a witch?” JJ asked “No, I’m dressed as a banana JJ can’t you see it?” I joked “You may be fast with horses mate, but slow with the mind” Josh laughed.

"So this is the misterious costume, doctors covered in blood” I said "You forgot the sexy in that phrase" Jaymi replied “We have masks too, we’ll use them to scare you later!” JJ giggled “JJ that was our secret plan!” Jaymi said “Oh well” I faked a sigh “Guess now you won’t be able to scary me” “We can always try” George winked at me.

“Yeah…try” I mumbled feeling my cheeks red.

“Shots are here!” Lucy shouted carrying a tray full of glass cups, lemon and salt. “Arriba, abajo, al centro y adentro!” Rylan used his best spanish. I licked the salt, closed my eyes and swallowed the tequila, grimacing at the bitter taste I quickly sucked on the lemon.

“Argh, why did I take this again?” “So we can see you dance!” Ella replied “I don’t dance” “Sober you won’t, but drunk? Probably” George giggled “Ha ha, I wanna see you get drunk then” I showed him my tongue “Is that a challenge?” he asked “I don’t know, are you a coward?” I replied.

An evil smirk appeared on his face “Someone fetch me my armour!” he shouted in a funny accent “What armour?” JJ asked with a confused look on his face “Do you mean your monkey onesie?”

“Oh, JJ” Ella laughed “Why don’t we take our little jockey to dance?” Josh suggested “Sorry, not drunk enough” I replied “But we can still change that” George pointed out “Let the lovebirds get drunk while we dance!” Jaymi laughed and I gave him a menacing look "Ok, let's leave now" he got up and left the table. The rest of the contestants followed him to the dance floor.

“Can you get us 2 shots of vodka please?” George asked a waiter, we were the only ones left at the table “Oh sir, are you trying to get me drunk?” I said in a sarcastic tone “I must certainly am” he responded “That’s not very nice of you sir” I joked a bit more “Well, I’m not a nice guy anyway” he replied.

“George are you already drunk?” I laughed at his bad boy act “What do you think?” he asked “I rather not say” I bit my lip.

“I’m not drunk yet” he said “I promised we would talk and I can’t do that if I’m not sober” "But you just ordered 2 shots" "I didn't hear you object" he smirked at me.

I sighed and grinned back. I looked around the club, full of people I didn't know, wearing crazy, but mostly, short revealing costumes, especially the girls. Screaming, wearing a lot of cleavage, drunk girls. Just perfect for the night.

“Great place we choose to talk huh?” I said “Indeed” he agreed "There's a lot of people here, some famous" "Singers like you?" I asked "No, TV stars like there's Gemma Collins and Harry Derbidge" he pointed to a blond guy and girl "Do not have a clue on who those people are" I admitted "Just TV people" he explained "Hum, cool" I smiled not knowing what to say.

Awkward silence was creeping in again. I felt it coming. Although we were in a crowded and loud club, it seemed we were alone in someway. But it was becoming weird and I did not like it.

“2 shots of vodka right here” the waiter saved the day. George grabbed his cup.

“Didn't you say you needed to be sober to talk?” I pointed out “We weren't talking” he replied "So let's start then" "Ok, what do you wanna talk about then?” “About…us” I finally said it.

George put his cup back at the table “What about that Alex guy? You told me you kissed him” “Yes” I admitted “And?” he asked “But I don’t like him, I like someone else” I responded “And this someone else? Who is him?” he continued “Coincidentally, he’s at this club too” I smirked “Seriously?” he raised an eyebrow “And what is he wearing?” “A weird doctor’s costume” I giggled.

“Weird? No, I bet it’s a very awesome costume” George replied, “He’s in a boyband you know, he’s an X factor contestant” I said “So this guy sings, does he sings good?” he played the act with me “Oh, yeah, very good” I nodded “And you know what else?” I got closer to him, the table was separating us but he leaned in too.

“What?” he responded, I saw a spark in his eyes. God he was beautiful.

“He’s sitting right in…” 

“GEORGE!” a girl's voice cutted me off.

Oh, fuck.

I AM SO SORRY GUYS! Sorry for not updating at the 19th like I promised! I got too busy, my friend wanted to have a party to celebrate our tests ending and I was only able to write now. Next update will probably be on wednesday or thursday, but I cannot guarantee it, this month I have a ton of stuff to do, but I'll try to update every week as soon as I can! xx