Chapter 12 - I Don't Know What To Do

The week went by and still no answer from George. We didn’t even bump into the hotel’s corridors anymore, I just wasn’t seeing him. I knew he had seen my text, but why didn’t he answer me? Argh! I shouldn’t have sent that text! Did I make things worse??

I tried to calm myself down. It was Saturday, live shows week 3 in the X factor, I texted Ella as much as I could, but she was so focused on rehearsals we weren’t really talking that week. Now in the other hand, since me and Alex had exchanged numbers, we were always texting each other. And we even work together, so we were getting really close, but as friends of course (I guess). I was confused, maybe I had really ruined things with George and he would never talk to me again. At least I had Alex.

We worked from 8am to 7pm together, I saw him every day of that week. I know we flirted and teased each other, but it was fun and he was beautiful and I liked him. But I didn’t know if I liked him as much as I liked George. I didn’t know what to do. So I just let things go their way and in the end see what would happen.

On that Saturday night, after closing the shop, me and Amelia went to the hotel. We planned on ordering pizza and watch the show on our room. We arrived at the Corinthia and headed to our bedroom. I took a long shower and let my hair dry naturally. While my aunt was in the bathroom I turned on the TV passing through various shows. America’s next top model, Sherlock, Doctor Who…I was choosing the channel when my phone rang:

From: Alex Maynard

Hey, are you busy tonight?

To: Alex Maynard

Hum, I was planning on watching the X factor actually

From: Alex Maynard

Oh, I wanted to invite you to dinner, there is this new Italian restaurant that opened about a week ago; I thought you might like it.

To: Alex Maynard

I really do love Italian food…but I’m kind of tired and I don’t wanna leave Amelia alone

From: Alex Maynard

Hey it’s only half past seven, it’s still early. If you change your mind just text me ;)

I looked at the TV, only 30 minutes till the boy I liked appeared on the screen. I sighed; I didn’t know what to do. Should I go with Alex or watch Union J’s performance?