Chapter 52 - Make Peace

They locked us in the room.

THEY LOCKED US IN THE FUCKING ROOM.

"Ella Henderson you better open this goddamn door!" I shouted getting out of the bathroom

"I will open it" she responded "After you two have a nice, civilized conversation and make peace with each other, I sure will do"

"I am not kidding!" I shouted again, knocking my fists against the wood "You better open it and open it NOW!"

"And listen closely, she said make peace, not make out" I heard Jaymi's voice

"Jaymi, c'mon mate just do what she says" George suddenly spoke. He was standing beside the king size's bed, with his arms crossed. I turned to face him; I knew I had an angry look, I felt myself angry. He looked away and sighed, sitting on the bed. I rolled my eyes and snorted with impatience.

"Yeah Jaymi listen to your pal!" I replied sarcastically to the door

"Sure do cupcakes, just let me get some coffee with Ella and the boys downstairs and we'll come back after a coupple of minutes" he responded "Or hours" I heard him giggling away.

"Great he's gone!" I sighed angrily

"He'll be back" George assured me

"He better be" I snapped at him

George didn't respond. We stayed in silence for a while. He sitting on the bed and I on the floor. I didn't feel like talking, I didn't want to. I was hurt and didn't know what to do to make things go back the way they were.

Worst of all, I didn't know if I wanted to actually make them good again. I had feelings for George, but they had been hurt. And I wasn't sure if they could be healed that easily.

I rubbed my eyes, I was extremely angry but equally tired after eating so much. I knocked my shoes off and walked over to the bed.

"Excuse me" I said in a cold tone, George looked at me confused but didn't say anything, he kept quiet while I layed on the other side of the matress. I folded my arms and stared at the ceiling, trying to calm myself down.

He kept his arms resting behind his head. We were almost touching each other but there was still a little gap between us. Neither of us closed it. We stayed like that for a while, in silence. We heard a few sirens and honks outside the window and people walking through the corridor.

Yet, inside the room there was no sound. Until he decided to change that.

"How long do you think we'll be here?" George asked "Not long enough I hope" I replied, still angry. "Look, I don't want this either ok? No need to snap at me everytime I open my mouth" he said "Sure" I responded with a clearly fake simpathy.

"God Laura, sometimes you're so...Why do you have to be like this?" "Like this you mean angry? Mad? Or perhaps furious? Oh and I don't know why, maybe because you were a jerk?" It wasn't a question.

"I know I made a mistake, but don't act like you didn't do the same" he replied "You're talking about Alex aren't you? In case you already didn't know he kissed me and I pushed him away. You can ask every person on that fucking club, everyone saw it". He didn't respond.

At this point, we weren't lying down anymore. We were sitted, facing each other, discussing and arguing.

"I have the right to be pissed off George, you lied to me! Is this a game to you? Because if it is, you can play it by yourself" I shouted at him, not even thinking about what I was saying, just letting all the anger out.

"This is not a game to me" he clenched his teeth "So why George? Why did you do that? Why the fuck would you-" I was raising my voice at him again.

"Because you broke my heart!" this time he shouted, cutting me off. I stared at him surprised, keeping my mouth shut. He was breathing heavily "I saw you kissing him and did you know how that feel? I felt so crushed at first, but then I became furious" he continued talking "I wanted to make you feel like I did, so yeah, I kissed that girl. I was jealous and drunk and I admit that".

I kept staring at his face. Everytime he spoke when his eyes met mine, he would turn away; I could see he was hurt, I didn't realize that before, but George was also upset. His expression was a mixture of hate and sorrow. I gulped silently, realizing that I was not the only one who was in pain.

"And as much as I want to go back to that night and undo the things I did, I can't. I'm sorry for being a dick, I'm sorry for kissing that stupid girl and not you" he spoke a litte bit softer this time "I never meant to hurt you, but I know I did and I regret it deeply. I promise to never do it again"

As he spoke, his body was coming closer to mine. I was aware of his words and it's meanings. But I still felt uncertain.

"George I'm also sorry, I shouldn't have exploded on you that way, being unaware of what was going through your mind, but you can't blame your troubles on vodka" I sighed "I am blaiming it on myself. I made a mistake, I know that. But I would never do it again" his voice brushing on my skin. We were inches appart.

I felt his arms reaching for my waist, bringing me closer to his body, I did not stop him. He was holding me now, my head resting on his shoulder. His deliciously messy hair tickling my cheek. I felt the warmth of his breath on my neck sending shivers down my spine.

"I don't want us to be like this" he whispered "I don't want to fight" "Me too" I agreed.

He had pressed his heart close up against mine. So eventually, our hearts started beating at the same time. He was calmer than I, he hugged me so tenderly, his heart slowed mine down. Maybe if I wasn't that sad, his heart would have speed up to mine. But either way, what mattered was that we were together.

After the anger had passed, my heartbeat was weak enough to let only one feeling in. And it was already there.

I moved my sight to his, his eyes were different now, peaceful and relaxed. I grinned with content to him, he returned the smile. He wasn't sad anymore and that made me relieved.

I think he noticed my happiness too, because he tilted his head to the side and leaned in to just simply touch me with a soft kiss. He pulled appart I dare to say more than a centimeter away from my tingled lips. It took me just one second to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him to kiss me again.