Chapter 54 - We Make Out In The Janitor's Closet

A couple of days went by after that morning on Ella's room. I was George's secret girlfriend and nobody, not even our friends, knew. I was thinking about at least telling Amelia, but I was too afraid that she would tell my parents and they would send me back to Brazil. Although she seemed quite supportive of the George and Laura "ship".

"Are you going to see George?" she asked "No, I'm going to the X Factor studios, you know that" I rolled my eyes "But you are going to see him there, aren't you?" she giggled "Well I suppose so" "Of course you suppose" my aunt smirked "Anyway, do I need to pick you up or are they going to bring you back?" By "they" she meant the drivers that worked for the X factor.

"I think I'm going back with them" I replied "Oh, I was thinking about picking you up and going to the coffee shop" she pouted "I miss you there! Alex too" "Yeah, about that" I sighed "I kind of need to tell you something..." I started, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I think your ride is here" my aunt said heading to the door "Hi Ella" she greeted the singer "Hello Amelia" she smiled back to her then turned to me "Ready to go, Laura?" "Yeah, I got everything" I closed my purse and joined them at the door.

"Bye Amelia, I'll see you at dinner" I sighed, feeling bad for not telling her about Alex yet. She noticed my face and hugged me "Whatever it is you were gonna to tell me, you can tell me later sweetie" "Thanks Amelia" I hugged her back, "Bye girls!" she waved as we made our way down the corridor "Bye" Ella and I replied in unison.

"What were you going to tell her?" Ella asked as we entered the lift "About Alex" I responded "What? Alex? Does it gotta do with that thing you didn't wanna tell me?" she asked "Yes..." I lied "And I'm going to tell you now"  "But are you conformable with it?" Ella looked me in the eyes "Yes, I am" I lied more, since I wasn't planning on telling the truth.

"So, I left the club earlier because I saw Alex there" I started "Does he know Rylan?" Ella wondered "Hum, I don't know" was my response "Well, anyway, so I saw him there and he..." my mind was blanc, I didn't know what to say "He...?" Ella questioned "He was kissing another girl" I sluttered out "And?" she asked again "What does it matter to you, don't you like George?" "Well, George and I would have never worked out, he's famous and stuff" "That doesn't mean anything, you two could still easily be together, you like each other come on" Ella said "No, of course not, I don't like him, I don't think I ever did" Ouch, big fat lie alert.

"Of course you did! Laura!" Ella protested "The person I did have a crush on was Alex, and when I saw him with this other girl, I left. It hurt me a lot and, yes, I was dramatic" I responded avoiding eye contact "Dramatic indeed...And I'm still not understanding, you and George were meant to be!" "Only on the Xtra factor clips, where they like to tease us. But we're just friends" I tried to assure her.

"Hum, whatever then...this Alex guy doesn't know what he's losing" she conforted me, "Thanks Ella" I smiled, but felt awful for lying to someone who was only trying to help me. Awesome Laura, you are just awesome. 

The driver left us in front of the X factor studios and from there we parted our own ways. Ella had rehearsals and I needed to film some clips, all in different studios. So we said our goodbyes and promised to see each other at lunch.

First I met with Lydia again at the make-up room, while I got my face and hair fixed, she told me what I was going to do today.

"You don't have much now, after lunch though we have more stuff" she said "Interviews with the boys, James, Jahmene and Rylan" "Aham" I nodded "Later...another interview" she bit her lip "With sugarscape" "What?!" my mouth fell open "Why would they wanna interview me?" "They wanna clear their image with all that twitter thing, plus it's a good way to promote the show" Lydia answered "But what are they gonna ask me?" "I have no idea" she responded "Great" I sighed.