First date

It had been a while and Ae had still not returned. Concern was building up inside Pete as he watched the door trying to find a glimpse of Ae. After having spent some time with families who were busy celebrating, Pete excused himself.

He hurried towards the entrance and swiftly passed through it and started walking in haste to find Ae. He was worried for the little guy.

Pete's POV

Dad announced my marriage so suddenly that I was shocked. I diverted my eyes towards Ae whose expression was unreadable. And as soon as the families started cheering, he just rushed out of the house. I don't know what happened but he looked really upset.

I waited for a while and then excused myself and hurried towards the main door. I was running through the corridor to find him and then I saw him sitting at the edge of the lawn with head hanging low. I was flooded with relief as I found him safe, I walked towards him taking careful steps.

He looked at me and smiled. I know that it's not his actual smile, he is faking it.

Third person's POV

Pete went and sat beside Ae who was now trying to pretend as if nothing has happened. But he had seen the expression on his face before he left the house.

Unable to hold it in anymore, Pete questioned, "Ae, are you not happy that I am getting married in your family?" His voice was full of sadness as he asked the question. Ae snapped his head to look at Pete who was now looking down at his hands.

"Pete, it's not what you are thinking. I was shocked when I heard it, and then I tried to process it. I know that I should be happy since I am going to spend more time with you but knowing that you are marrying my brother made me feel sad. I don't know what I am feeling, I am confused. May be am worried for you because I know about Ohm's grumpy nature. It might be I am just upset because after your marriage our relation will change and we might not be same with each other. I don't want to lose a friend like you." Ae tried to explain.

Pete smiled and replied, "Ae, don't worry. Everything will be fine. And we will remain the same even after marriage because I'll need a friend like you. Also think about it, we will be able to spend more time with each other. And I will also be able to see you play piano." Ae tried to smile but his heart was feeling an unknown pain. It felt as if his heart was being ripped into pieces. Pete too was going through the same. Even though he was trying to cheer up Ae, his own heart felt like getting broken.

After spending some time talking to each other, they both walked into the house. Everyone was busy celebrating and nobody noticed the look on the face of two boys who had arrived.

After the celebration, Intouch family left for their house. Pete returned to his room and crashed on bed as he tried to process the whole thing. All he could recall was his time with Ae. The memories of them being together whenever their family came for a visit rushed through his mind.

On the other hand, when the Intouch family was back, Ae rushed to his bedroom and shut the door tight. He slumped on the floor and held his head in his palms. He couldn't understand his own feelings towards Pete. When he thought he should be happy, more pain would flood his heart. His parents thought that he was tired and didn't disturb him.

"Por, I want to talk to you." Ohm said with a serious face as soon as they entered the house. "Go ahead!" Senior Intouch said. "How could you just fix my marriage with some random guy without my consent?" Ohm was furious. "Mind your tongue. Firstly, he is not some random guy, his name is PETE. And he is the right one for you! I gave you four years to choose your life partner and all that I got was your unstable relationships. Pete is the right one for you because he will understand you better. Your grumpy nature and all the way you behave, only Pete will be able to sustain this relationship." Senior Intouch cleared. Ohm wanted to argue but his father cut him off and asked him to go to his room. He grabbed his hair in frustration and returned to his room.