Elder brother

Pete and Ae stood still watching each other with smiling faces till the little girl opened the door and walked in. "Ar Pete, Ar Ae, let's have some cookies!" she said with her cheerful voice. When she finally stood in front of them she got worried, "Ar Pete, did you and Ar Ae get wet in rain? You know if you don't change your clothes now, you will catch cold. Mae always tells me not to get wet in rain because I fall sick." Her innocence made the boys smile.

"Yes my little princess, we will change the clothes. Just give me five minutes." Pete said pinching the little girl's nose. Yim nodded in response and hurried out of the room. Pete handed Ae some of the fresh clothes and they both returned to the hall wearing dry clothes.

Yim and Patchara were sitting in living room and they were watching Yim's favorite cartoon. Ae and Pete joined them and they all had a great fun.

After spending some time at Pitchaya mansion, Ae finally got ready to leave. Pete assured him that everything was fine and Ae promised him that he will take care of everything.

Pete returned to his room and lay on his bed trying to think about everything. He tried to recall today's events, Ae and him going out, Tar hugging Ae, he getting jealous, their first kiss. Pete felt shy remembering the way Ae had kissed him. He turned around and buried his face in pillow trying to hide his face.

After sometime, he remembered his promise to Ae about sorting out his own feelings. He thought for a while and then decided to speak with his brother. Whenever he was confused or wanted a sound advice, he always looked up to Sun.

Sun arrived home all tired from work and walked towards his bedroom. He greeted his little daughter before entering the bedroom. Deli was supposed to come home late since she had to attend an event. He got fresh and walked towards his study room.

He thought of going through some work related matters before dinner. He grabbed the documents placed on the desk and made himself comfortable on the couch. He was busy with the files when the door clicked open and Pete walked in.

Pete went and lay on the couch with his head resting on Sun's lap. Sun immediately knew something was bothering his little brother because he did the same whenever he had issues. It was one of Pete's habits since childhood. Before Pete met Ae, Sun had been the only one whom Pete would tell everything. Whenever he would be sad or disturbed, he would lay down next to Sun and rest his head on his lap. Sun would caress his hairs gently making him feel at ease.

And even now, this grown up man was still the same. Sun kept the files aside and diverted all his attention towards Pete waiting for him to speak.

Pete remained silent for a while and finally spoke, "Phi, why did you marry Deli?" he questioned. "Because I love her." Sun answered immediately. "And how did you know that you loved her and not someone else?" Pete inquired.

"I was happy being with her. Also, I found it much easier to confide in her than anyone else. As days passed I started to feel that she was more than just friend for me and finally mustered up the courage to confess to her my feelings. Luckily, she too felt the same about me. And you know the rest." Sun replied.

Pete was thinking deeply over it trying to see his and Ae's relationship. It was clear that Ae was more important to him then rest of his friends but he wanted to be sure about it.

"Phi, how do you know the other person loves you or not?" Pete questioned. "Well...... In my case, when I loved Deli, I always wanted to see her happy. I would do anything to make her smile and would go to any extent to protect her. I always tried to help her with everything she needed. Sometimes, we get confused about if that person is right or not. That time, you just have to close your eyes and ask your heart and you'll get the answer." Sun explained.