Little time together

It had been few days after the 'small date' and Pete was busy in his room painting. It was a day off for him and he wanted to spend it to his heart's content. Little Yim was sitting on the nearby chair as she watched her uncle paint.

"Pete?" Patchara's voice turned both the heads in the direction of the door. "Khrab mae." Pete replied in his sweet voice. "Sweetheart, Ae has come for a visit. He is downstairs." Patchara informed. Hearing Ae's name both the people rushed out of the room. Pete somehow managed to throw away the apron that he was wearing which was stained with colors.

Patchara laughed as she saw how the two reacted. "I wonder who the actual kid in between these two is." She spoke to herself and walked out of the room closing the door behind.

Pete was already downstairs along with Yim. "Ae!" Pete exclaimed in his happy tone. "Uncle Ae!!" Yim squealed and ran towards him. "Hi!" Ae said and picked the girl up and walked towards Pete. "How are you Pete?" Ae inquired. "Uncle Ae, Uncle Pete is fine. We were painting up there." Yim said pointing in the room's direction that was present upstairs.

Patchara walked down the stairs to see the three talking to each other. "Ae, is there anything urgent?" Patchara asked. "No aunt, I just came for a visit. I had free time and thought of coming over." Ae explained. "Then you guys have fun, I'll send some snacks and drinks for you all." Patchara said as she walked towards kitchen.

"Ae, would you like to see the paintings?" Pete inquired. "Pete, you need not be formal with me. Nothing has changed between us. We are going to spend the day same way we did earlier." Ae cleared. "Yayyyyy!! Uncle Ae, we will go to eat ice-cream." Yim said in her cheerful voice. "Yes!! We will go. So, let's start with paintings first?" Ae asked and all of them walked towards the room.

 So, let's start with paintings first?" Ae asked and all of them walked towards the room

The image is used for reference purpose and belongs to the rightful owner

Pete opened the door and went to pick up the apron he had thrown away in hurry. Ae placed Yim on the nearby stool and started to wander around the room looking at the art. "Are these recent ones?" Ae inquired. "Yes, you haven't been here for a while." Pete replied. "Hmmm... You know college and all, couldn't find time to visit." Ae spoke.

There was a knock on the door and a maid walked in carrying tray containing snacks and drinks. She placed the tray and left. Yim got down from the stool and hurried towards the table. She picked up the glass with both her hands and started to sip the drink. Pete and Ae watched her in awe.

"Ae, let's have something." Pete said and they walked towards the table. They dragged the stools from the nearby place and sat on them. They were having a nice conversation while enjoying the drinks.

Flashback

Pete was 2 years older than Ae. Ae's family moved back to Thailand when he was 7 years old. And soon after that, they met the Pitchaya family and the younger sons were friends with each other since then. Ae would visit Pete whenever he had free time and they would spend their day playing around. Ae joined the same university as Pete and that were the best days of their life.