Drive

Ae and Pete got into the car and drove out of the parking lot. Ae started to drive through the streets, moving towards their favorite place. Pete looked out of the window watching the trees sprinting away.

Since, Ae learnt driving, he used to take Pete for drive. They would drive through the rural areas that had roads passing through fields, giving the beautiful view of the greenery. With the mountains that stood at a little distance and the clean air blowing from the field. There would be soft music playing inside the car and Pete would enjoy the ride. It was one of the thing that they did when they would be spending time together.

But ever since Yim was born, their trips were reduced as the girl would drag them into variety of other activities. There was a time when she dragged both the boys to her room and tried her make up skills. Everyone had a hard time controlling their laugh as they looked at the painted faces of Ae and Pete. But for them, as long as Yim was happy, they would do anything. But Deli had scolded her little daughter after that incident stopping her from doing anything like that again. So the painting time would be spent in Pete's gallery where the girl would sit with her color pencils rather than the make-up accessories.

Ae rolled the windows down as they approached the familiar lane. He drove through the road with a slow speed and they both enjoyed the view. It had been long since they came over here and they were having a nice time in the peaceful silence.

"It's so peaceful being here. I miss this." Pete said admiring the beauty. "Me too." Ae replied while his gaze landed on Pete. Again the same feeling of something tingling inside the chest was back. He tried to rub his chest in a manner to sooth it. Pete turned his head and worry crossed his face as he saw Ae rubbing his chest. "Are you not feeling well?" Pete asked with concern.

The feeling got more intense as Ae heard the sweet voice. He diverted his gaze to the other side and answered, "No, I think I am just hungry. Let's grab something to eat." Ae lied and speeded up. There was a small restaurant nearby and Ae parked his car in front of it. They both got out of the car and walked inside.

They took a corner seat that offered a good view of the outside. They spoke about few things as they waited for their order to arrive. Ae was stealing glances at Pete whenever the other would be busy admiring the place.

It had been a while and their orders arrived. They soon digged in as they both were hungry since they haven't eaten anything after breakfast. Ae looked at Pete and a small smile crept on his face when he saw the sauce smudged around the lips. He raised his hand and slightly moved forward towards Pete's face.

Pete looked at Ae while the other's fingers rested on his face, carefully rubbing the sauce. Pete felt butterflies in his stomach at the touch. He looked at Ae whose gaze was now fixed on his lips. Everything around them seemed to freeze as the two starred into each other's eyes. Their hearts beating a fast pace and there was this warm feeling spreading all over the chest.

Their sweet moment was broken when one of the customers dashed against their table while walking. He apologized to the two for the mistake and walked out. Ae rubbed his neck while Pete looked away shyly as he felt the tingles all over his body. This feeling was foreign to him and it has never been there before when they were together.

They both tried to calm down their racing hearts as they continued to eat their food. After a while Ae decided to break the silence. "Pete, remember the time when I was trying to teach you to drive?" Ae asked. "How can I forget it? I lifted my hands from the steering wheel when the high speeding truck approached us. After that I didn't wanted to continue." Pete replied while pouting. Ae smiled and spoke, "But you learnt to drive finally." "Yes, but I don't like to drive. I like to sit and watch the passing view." Pete stated.