Chapter 5-A mother's warning

I should stay calm.Fangirling can wait.

I copied mom's behaviour and spoke up with a big smile.

"I am Rose.Welcome to our neighborhood.We would be happy to have you in our house for some tea.Thank you for your politeness miss."I said while glancing at the two new faces.

Miss Suzanne seemed moved by my actions and giggled.

On the other hand, Cain didn't seem suprised.

Mom patted me on the head gently.She is pleased so I did well!

I am glad that I can adapt to the new environment.I am just a high school girl and acting as a noble out of the blue is a challenge.

Miss Suzanne grabbed Cain's hand and started walking away.

Before she was out of sight,she turned and looked at us.

"Thank you! We will wait for your invitation!"

She said that and they left.

After hearing that ,mom patted me on the back.

"Excellent Rose.I didn't know that you could manage that much at such a young age!You did better than me."

She looked at me with sad eyes.

"What is your wrong mom?"I said with a concerned expression.

"In your age Rose,I was the total opposite.I didn't want to be trapped in this fake world.You know my dear daughter..."

She kneels and puts my hands into hers.

"This noble world is fake.Even if someone smiles at you or showers you with love words...They might be hiding selfish intentions and want to manipulate you.My daughter,I wish you to not fall into their traps.That is the tragedy of being a noble...You can never let your guard down and be free."

Those words stabbed me in my heart like knifes.

"Yeah...That is true mother...Thank you for warning me.I will try to look behind someone's words.At least did I do a good job with our new neighbors?"I said hoping.

"Of course Rose! Mother just wants to show you how the world is so you can handle it.I am sorry for creating this serious atmosphere.Let's go around town now!"she said with a smile to cover her worries.

Of course...Rose is still a child but she still cannot live like one.I wish I could show mother how freedom is.

Maybe... one day...I will show her my world!

Mother got up and started walking without letting go of my hand.

We walked and walked around town.

There are many nobles downtown.I didn't expect that.It is afternoon though...Maybe they want to enjoy themselves?

I look around with curiosity and scanned every building... every person that captured my curiosity.

To be continued...