Chapter 77- George ,the villain before his glory

I wiped his tears away with my hand and I patted his head gently.

"Now...Why don't we calm down? Didn't you want my help little one?"

I really don't feel like this is right but a kid is a kid. And I really love kids. I want to ignore what he did after all this mess happened. Right now I am looking at an innocent kid. I can't be a horrible person and take my anger out on this innocent kid.

George sniffled.

"My...My...mom is dead..."he said and couldn't hold back his tears.

His mother died?

I felt a clench on my heart.

"George. I am so sorry that you have lost your mother. I really am. But what do you need help for?"I said with a genuine smile this time.

George lifted his head to look at me with pleading eyes.

"I...I have heard that if you don't bury dead people they will end up wondering forever. My mom...did everything for me...I can't just let her like this!Ugh...."

My smile faded and without realizing I hugged this little guy in my arms.

"Shh... Everything is okay. We will make sure that your mama does get in heaven, okay?"

Poor boy...So this is the villain's childhood.

George buried himself in my embrace, looking for some comfort.

After sometime had passed, he finally calmed down.

"Lady Diana will you really help me?" he asked in disbelief.

I nodded with a warm smile.

"Yes George. I will help you bury your mom. But please promise me one thing." I said and raised my pinkie finger.

George seemed confused but nodded.

"Please don't go around asking for help from strangers from now on, okay? Not all people are good and safe to be around. Pinkie promise?"

"Pinkie promise?" he wondered.

"Do you know what a pinkie promise is George?"

He shook his head.

I sighed and connected my pinkie with his after I gently grabbed his hand.

"This is a pinkie promise. Now promise me like a good boy"I said with a smile.

The little boy's mood changed instantly and he chuckled.

"I promise lady Diana. I will only ask your help from now on! You seem like a very kind lady just like mama!" he said all smiles.

Kids surely change moods quickly.

I chuckled.

"Good and yes I will be taking care of you from now on. And you don't have to call me lady Diana. Just Diana is fine."

George nodded and started walking towards a small house.

Is he taking me to his house?

As we got closer, I froze.

"This is your house George?"I asked.

He nodded happily and went inside, leaving the door open for me to follow him.

"This...This isn't a house. This is some wood placed together..." I mumbled to myself.

I quickly went inside and saw how small that "house" was from inside.

There was one bed and some plates left in the corner with some bread on them.

"Come meet mama!"said George as he sat on the ground next to the old bed.

I went closer and there was a lifeless woman lying on it. She was so thin and had white hair like George.

"Nice to meet you George's mother. Don't worry I will make sure you have a proper grave."

George smiled at me.

"Diana?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know from what illness my mom could have died? She never told me the reason...She just said she was tired..."said George with hope in his eyes.

How do I even say this to him...

"Your mom was simply sick. Since you live in a village there aren't many medicines , right? It must have been because of that!"

I think the real reason must have been because she couldn't afford one...And she must have overworked herself to death as well...She is very thin...And looking at George he isn't thin at all...She must have given him truly everything...

What a great mother.

I feel myself tearing up.

"Mom..."said George and clenched his hand into a fist.

"She should have told me...I would gone and find a medicine for her. Was I that unreliable? Was I simply a burden to mom?"

George...

I sighed.

God was right, now I really want to help this kid...

I wrapped my arms around him.

"It is okay. It wasn't your fault. Your mom wouldn't think like that. She just didn't want you to worry. You should be happy to have this kind of mother. She is always looking after you."

George sobbed and tightened his grip around me.

"Please...I...I can't... Without mom I..."

Now he will be all alone in this world. Maybe this is the part when everything went wrong.

I gently patted his head and run my fingers through his hair.

"It is okay I am here. I am here to help you. We will send your mom to heaven together."

Suddenly we heard someone knock on the door and some voices could be heard from outside.

"Boss...I think lady Aria is sick. Maybe we could come anoth-"

"Silence!How dare you raise your voice to me you worm! I will punish you big time when we go back to the mansion!...Now Aria ! Open the fucking door! You have to pay me back!"he said and banged on the door.

Who is that?!

To be continued...